“not bad”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night.We had to check in early for a wedding near by, no problem at all. The room was ready for us at 12 noon,no extra charge. The people that run this place do try very hard. The rooms are clean, fresh coffe in the morning, good hot water, the air condition worked. Amount i paid, 69.26 not bad.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank millerb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

The room was very nice. It even had a backdoor with a small deck and a table and chairs.
Also had an iron and ironing board. LOTS of cable tv channels to choose from, unlike most places that half only a few. Coffee and coffee maker as well.
Also FREE internet for your laptop! Friendly staff. My ONLY complaint was that my room did not have a clock! I would have traded in the iron and coffee for a clock!
My friends room did however have a clock, so not sure why I didnt have one. Kind of essential in a hotel room if you ask me. Also a great shower head.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

Nice warm place with fridge, microwave, and breakfast. Friendly, helpful owners.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 001362
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed one night at the Econo Lodge in Clarks Summit. This was rated a Gold Award establishment. Although I believe they are remodeling, we were definitely NOT in a remodeled room. The room was quite large, but the odor was unbearable and there were fingerprints all over the tables. The air conditioning did not work well. The bathroom is very tiny with barely room for a toilet and a stall shower.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

This is a nifty little motel tucked into the side of the mountain along a busy commercial strip in Clarks Summit, PA, north of Scranton. The motel is basic, but in decent shape. Our king bed room was recently renovated. The tub and shower enclosure was a faux-granite and the vanity was new. Shower pressure and temperature were good. The A/C worked fine and the room was generally clean. The bed was flat and the pillows thin, but that was OK. For a rate of $60, we don't expect much. The room did lack a digital clock radio, which we thought was weird, and there was a strange dark spattering on the stucco style wall which looked suspicious, but that didn't affect us too much.
I've stayed here twice and both times were worth it. Don't expect luxury, just basic accomodations. Did the trick for us.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

My mom and I were going away for the weekend to check out some new sights, and we booked our first night at the econo lodge. We got there around 10:30 at night, got our key, and checked out the room. The first thing I did (thank goodness) was pull back the blankets to check out the sheets. To say they were filty is putting it mildly. There were fresh stains (they didn't look set in and it appeared the sheets hadn't been washed since the last guest) but I also saw what looked like two dead maggots. Before I went back to the desk, I wanted to know if they were maggots or rice. I took a tissue and gave them a poke. Yep, they were maggots, and they were alive. We went to the front desk and were offered a new room, but there was no way I was going to stay in a place like that. We ended up getting the LAST room at a hotel across the street. I read some great reviews on this place and I'm wondering if maybe they changed ownership. The place looked booked that night, so maybe the other rooms were ok. I would never give them a second chance.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Morristown, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

We decided to stay here after reading about all the awful reviews about the Econolodge Scranton. This was no better. Rooms were pretty cramped and dark feeling, towels were surprisingly small and uncomfortable, beds were stiff. The worst part, however, was that there were bed bugs. I've never had a problem and now a week after my stay I am covered in itchy welts. Saving money is not worth it to have to go through this and possibly bring contamination back home. We should have splurged on something better.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Clarks Summit
#1 of 6 in Clarks Summit
7.5 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Been to Econo Lodge Clarks Summit? Share your experiences!