“Clean. No bed bugs.”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Clean. No bed bugs.”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The hotel was clean and most important - NO BED BUGS. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:

1) The motel is set up so that all the rooms are inside the building rather than the balcony kind. That's better security.
2) I was able to park very close to the entrance. It was fairly well lit.
3) Nice location - right off the highway and near a gas station, Arbys, and McDonalds.
4) Clean. Rooms are a bit musty, but are indeed clean. I didn't see any bugs, including roaches, spiders, or the dreaded bed bugs (and I searched!)
5) The continental breakfast includes waffles and french toast.

CONS
1) The front desk actually signed someone in under my reservation and initially charged my card! When I arrived at 9pm, I was told I had already checked in. Obviously, I had not. The woman was able to take the charge off of my card. I still worried though this other desk received my personal information, even if the woman assured they would not have. Really, a simple name check would have shown it wasn't the right room.

2) Because the other guest took my room, they didn't have the queen I had ordered. I instead got 2 full beds. The woman did take $5 off.

3) Check out was very slow. The computer apparently wasn't working right, and it took between 10 to 15 minutes just to check out.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Twin Cities
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We spent one night here on our way to Connecticut. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The desk clerk even found us a discount on our room rate. The room was clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast was provided. it included fresh waffle, sweet rolls, french toast, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea.
It's also easy to find just off the freeway.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Traveling cross country for the second time. This chain can be inconsistent but this location is great and newly renovated, which helps a lot. But clearly the management here cares and lots of details are thought of. Great breakfast, comfortable beds, it has it all. And it's clean and not scary like some other Super 8's out there. I didn't feel like I needed a shower after a shower, if you know what I mean. After you check in drive or walk across the street to the Dutch Inn for some food. It's an experience and affordable.

Room Tip: We were in the back and had a great breeze through the window.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Atkinson8
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, low price - perfect for a stop from the highway (1Minute from exit).
A minus for the smell of cigarettes in the hall.

• Stayed April 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. Both times the staff has been friendly. The rooms are clean and the internet is great. Breakfast is good for a super 8. Room was nice and quiet and its easy to get on and off the highway. If you are just passing through, gas is quite expensive in Clearfield, i would recommend filling up a few exits east or west on 80.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Maine
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The motel is great. It is very clean and comfortable. Right off the freeway. The staff is friendly and takes the time to visit with guests. I would definitely recommend the Super 8 in Clearfield, PA. The town, though, is really spread out in an odd manner. Very easy to get shot off around a mountain and possibly lost forever. Travelers don't have to worry about that since the motel's location is near plenty of food establishments. They allow pets for $5 more.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank IdrivealotMaine
bittersweet1
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stopped by this motel on the way home and stayed for a single night. The woman who checked us in was very nice. The room I stayed in was very clean for such an inexpensive hotel, and it was much better than I was expecting. There was a flat screen tv, and a nice counter top in the bathroom. The room I stayed in had 2 queen beds in it and cost approximately $70. If you get a king-sized bed in your room, it costs a little bit more. The going rate on the door says rooms cost about $88/night, but it appears that they give everyone stopping in some sort of discount.

There is a continental breakfast with toast, cereal, and coffee. I believe there is even a waffle maker. I didn't have any, but it seemed like a pretty standard continental breakfast at a motel.

All in all, I would recommend staying here. It is very clean, and the staff is very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple