“Nice and cozy”
Review of Blackfish

Blackfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 86 Restaurants in Conshohocken
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Great food, lovely interior. Be prepared to BYOB--no bar. Worth the exertion to do that however, because the food was lovely with one exception-my wife wanted Gnocchi, however being a vegetarian she asked them to make it without the chicken stock. What came to the table was a complete fail. Host was not helpful. The other three meals were exceptional, so I recommend this place as long as you do not have any special diets in the group. Very nice inside.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

A BYOB gem in Conshohocken with an innovative, clever menu and superb service. The food is local, fresh and masterfully presented. The manager, server and support staff were all attentive, knowledgeable and professional. The tasting menus are a great choice and really Allie the chef's creativity and the quality of the food to shine. We highly recommend Blackfish!

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Blackfish and and its sister restaurant, Mica, in Chestnut Hill, Pennsylvania, at one time were my two favorites, rating them both 5 stars. MIca closed, at least for a while, shortly after an unfavorable review by me (a glass of wine from a bottle opened 4 days before); I hope I had nothing to do with that.

My wife and I have been to Blackfish dozens of times through the years, but last night it was slightly off. Service was extremely friendly, but it took the waitstaff 25 minutes to take our order - before the restaurant became crowded. Bread offered only once. 2 beet and grapefruit salads were excellent; one asparagus soup the same. Two of us who ate the tile fish entree agreed that the fish itself was very good but lacked the full flavor, at least to our tastes. Even the Madras curry sauce didn't taste like curry and certainly did not give enough zing to the dish. One of our family had rosefish, a type of perch, that I had never heard of. She was very fond the preparation. Another had a sliced chicken that is a Blackfish signature dish, but not so special because my wife had something similar elsewhere the night before. Both were quite good. So, the entrees were very good to excellent; none was a "moaner," a characterization to which we had become accustomed at BF. Presentations were wonderful.

Shared beignets, a signature dessert, were delicious and arguably as good as Cafe du Monde's in New Orleans. A variety of complimentary chocolates was outstanding. I always considered Blackfish to be one of the most expensive restaurants in the greater Philadelphia area. But the bill came to reasonable $110/couple (with tip) for a still very pleasant dinner.

BYOB! The noise level with a full house is high. Yes, we will return, but I hope that owner- chef Chip Roman and his management will learn something from my review.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

Our party of 4 tried the tasting menu 7 course which was the most food I've ever received here. Restaurant was extremely noisy--deafening. We were crammed into a corner only large enough to fit a table for 2 next to an exit door. In fact, the corner of the table was sawed away to enable the table surface to enclose a column. The waiter had no room to serve the inner 2 people and plates were passed across the table. One course was extremely salty, the rest were fine. Overall this is not worth the cost even considering it is BYOB.

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

We recently moved out of Philly, where we had lived for 15 years. This is as good or better than any Philly BYO or restaurant . We ordered the lamb parpadelle wow that did is as good as it gets. I had the soft shelled crab dinner and my husband had the short rib surf and turf. Both dishes were amazing! The flavors complimented each other without overpowering. I would highly recommend this.