All reviews train tracks trains passing front desk light sleeper basketball court room facing covered parking full kitchen villanova university septa station hotel is located yogurt easy access breakfast buffet is shuttle bus sofa bed clean hotel
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

While this is still an “ok” Residence Inn, it is need of some improvements. While I love Residence Inn and the ability for pet owners to be able to bring their pets, the hotel should ensure that the smells and cleanliness of the hotel gives the impression that there are no pets staying there.

Our room had an odor in one small area of the bedroom which from the smell I’m assuming was left by a furry friend that the hotel has still been unable to totally eliminate.

The bathroom shower head needed cleaning. Lime scale deposits forming.

As for the accommodations, the rooms could use a little sprucing up. Love the convenience of the kitchen (one of the perks of staying at RI).

Breakfast was ok. Ready to make your own waffles (batter way too thick), eggs, biscuits, fruit, yogurt, bagels, turkey patties (which were pretty good). Not bad for breakfast included.

The pool didn’t look too inviting though. Water wasn’t too clear.

Ample parking and free.

The train didn’t bother us. In fact it’s never bothered us during any of our past stays.

I think next time we’re in the area we will try one of the newer or recently renovated Residence Inns. There were a few that are being worked on at this time.

If there are plans on updating this hotel, I would highly suggest using some lighter colors. The dark carpeting makes it look kind of drab.

All in all, it’s still an acceptable Residence Inn to stay at. But glad it was for only 1 evening.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Conshohocken, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you , we appreciate your feedback. You will be pleased to know that plans are in the works for renovation and the items you mentioned are being addressed. Thank you again. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I had a night stay. Arrives after 10 pm. The front desk agent “Eric” greeted with a big smile and told me that he was expecting me. He asked me to grab a water or snack from pantry and told me that he has me in the system so trip awards will be accounted for. I asked for any nearby restaurants but most were closed. He gave me a pizza delivery number.
I grabbed a snack and couple of water from his market place and asked him to charge but he refused to charge saying it was Marriott gift. I thanked him and came to my room.
Room was also nice - actually a suite with kitchen and two rooms with one with a queen and another with a sofa bed plus an office desk. Towels and bed sheets were fresh. I tried to order online but order did not go thru. So went looking for a vending machine. Finding none went to front desk market. Picked some snacks anand asked Eric to charge my room. He said he would take care of him. Guess what his taking care of meant he didn’t charge as I found out at time of checking out. Honestly, I have never seen any better front desk person than him.

Complementary breakfast was another huge surprise. Can’t say that have seen any better complementary breakfast anywhere in States (overseas is exception as they normally charge in room bill). Three servers were also on duty helping people at breakfast.

I had to print out a few pages and again the front desk staff (this time different) was very helpful.

Their checkout time is also noon, which is later than most at 11 am.

There are a few things Marriott need to improve - room ac was very loud, there was spider web and a big spider behind the curtain (I saw in the morning), the iron self-cooling mechanism was bad so it’s chord won’t stay out, and the circuit kept tripping. I guess the iron was pulling too much amps. Besides these things, Marriott has an awesome staff and that would bring me again if in that area.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

First, the location is a little off the main area right next to the railway, which fell r those of you have seen the movie My Cousin Vinny, you’ll understand the problems when your bedroom faces the tracks. The hotel is not bad, but could use a little work. The bed cover was a little torn and just needs to be cleaned up.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Conshohocken, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you for sharing your stay experience. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve our product/services. Of course, I’m disappointed to hear of the noise that occurred from the regional SEPTA train station at night. Indeed, our location near the SEPTA station can present some challenges for light sleepers when located in the front rooms of our hotel. We do our best to ensure our guests get the room that best suits their needs. I encourage TripAdvisor members who may be light sleepers, or not used to the sounds of metropolitan backdrop, to mention their preference when checking in.
Please know the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) guidelines on the use of locomotive horns at Rail Grade Crossings require all rail service in the area to sound their horns for 15-20 seconds prior to entering any rail grade crossing, but, not more than a quarter mile in advance of the crossing. SEPTA engineers are aware of and must abide by this requirement.

Sounding of horns may also occur during testing of trains while in route, to alert workers in the area, or when an animal or person may be in or too close to the track area.A Train horn is a great tool, not only as a way of alert/notification but to assist us further in our safety efforts.

Our proximity to the train station, on the other hand, is very much an asset to our guests who can easily access Philadelphia and all the locations that the light rail service provides them instead of having to drive in the surrounding city traffic.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Your family will receive the individual hospitality you need. How often can you really say that anymore? Have stayed here a couple times this summer already and will always look here first in the future. It’s an interesting transition from weekly business traveler to single dad traveler, and this property has gone above and beyond to make my kids feel welcome and comfortable. From recommending a room preference change that they knew would be better for us, to remembering my kids’ cookie preferences, I feel as good about staying here for a short stay as any property at any price point.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank 36DaveF

Thank you. We love having families stay with us and as you know, our rooms are 50% larger than a standard hotel rooms, giving families room to spread out.. The children certainly enjoy our indoor pool and spa as well.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

Room was standard Residence Inn, comfortable, furniture and fixtures a bit dated. Wifi was good. Breakfast was ok, short on fresh fruit, but had scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon, nice healthier choices. As many others noted, train horns are a big nuisance. I am Platinum and given a room facing the train? That should not occur. Also they hand you "scratch off" cards, one gave me 750 points (still waiting for that) the other a free movie while there are no paid movies on the tv; I was offered points instead, but have not seen those either. Overall it was ok and could be a lot better.

Room tip: Room facing away from the train would be better
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Conshohocken, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018