“Way better than PA Turnpike food”

Primanti Bros. (Cranberry)
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Reviewed June 29, 2016

We were traveling on the PA turnpike. We still had a couple of hours to go so we stopped for lunch at Primanti Brothers. The atmosphere had a Sports Bar feel but I also think it could be considered kid friendly. Our waiter was friendly but was a little slow on refilling our drinks. I ordered the Capicola and cheese sandwich with egg. This was the same sandwich that Adam Richman ordered when he featured them on his show. It was so good. I the cole slaw was fresh and the fries were crispy. There is a restaurant in Cleveland that serves a similar style of sandwich but this one was so much better.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Wife and I came for lunch midafternoon when this busy place is a little quieter, to our liking. Help is relaxed, and food comes out fairly fast. I ordered their corned beef and swiss sandwich, which comes stacked with cole slaw, tomatoes and French fries. I asked for the fries on the side, making the sandwich easier to eat, although I found the fries not as hot as I would have liked. Wife had chicken wings, four garlic parmesan and four medium Buffalo, with an order of fries on the side. Her fries didn't seem very hot either, but as they are fresh cut, still delicious! Brandon, our server, couldn't have been accommodating. Great place.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

When we told people we were headed to Pittsburgh everyone said you have to go to Primanti Brothers !! We wish we would have went to the original but our gps took us here. I got the Steak sandwich and there just wasn't enough meat on it to taste it so mine basically tasted like a french fry, cole slaw sandwich. My daughter did get a chicken club sandwich and she loved hers, I also tasted hers and it was much better than mine !! My son got the hamburger and he thought it tasted more like meatloaf and tasted microwaved ? I would probably try it again but go to the original !

Reviewed June 26, 2016

Think of Nathan's Original Hotdogs on the Coney Island boardwalk. Now think of Nathan's in an airport food court. This Cranberry restaurant is Primanti Brothers in name only. The original Primanti Brothers in Pittsburgh's Strip District is an iconic age-old down-and-dirty greasy spoon famous for sandwiches that feature slaw and French fries. Somehow, even with the same menu items, it all gets lost in translation at this Pleasant Valley Sunday location amidst office parks, strip malls, Costco, and suburban tract housing.

If it didn't trade on the Primanti Brother's name, this would be one more average suburban restaurant with average fare at average prices... perfectly good for a no-frills sit-down lunch or dinner. It will fill your belly without emptying your wallet. The menu does offer some unique Pittsburgh-only items. However, don't think for a moment that this place is the real deal.

Reviewed June 25, 2016

I have heard good things over the years about Primanti's. I was unimpressed. The food quality was average at best. The service was so-so. The most disturbing thing was the wood floor was so slick it was like walking on an ice rink. Like the floor had been mopped with greasy water. I won't be going back. Management had to notice the floor also. You could tell by the way they were walking...but did nothing to remedy the situation, even after I complained about the safety issue it presented. The music was also much too loud. I was there for a business luncheon, not a night of dancing.