“Excellent pulled pork! ”
Review of Smokey Bones

Smokey Bones
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner, tired after long day and not wanting distraction of loud people. Restaurant wasn't very busy, but there was a large group with children in main seating area. We asked to be seated away from the group and noisy children. Server sounded a bit put out and said ok, but admonished us there would be children everywhere. However, she seated us a distance away near the bar which was quite nice. We had the skillet cornbread with pecan butter which is always outstanding. I had the pulled pork sammy with baked beans. Everything was delicious! Service, however, was not the greatest. We had to ask for a few things and server was long in returning to us, especially when waiting for check and then processing payment. Took 20 minutes just to pay bill. Restaurant was clean and attractive. I would give top rating if service had been better.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Although we have eaten at Smokey Bones many times, it has never let us down on quality of the food. Ribs and pulled pork never fail.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 15, 2016

The ribs and sauces are incredible! The meat falls off the bone and is very tender. Delicious! The veggie burger is one of a kind and is the best one I've had at a restaurant. The portions are generous, but the larger entrees are a little pricey. My biggest qualm is that the garlic bread they use is store-bought (Texas Toast brand), but everything else was great.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Ribs are so flavorful and tender. Fall right off of bone. Sweet cornbread with this homemade maple/nut butter not sure but delicious! Really good fried pickles, hard to find around here. Grilled salmon delicious!
Come here for ribs every time and have never been disappointed.
Good prices, decent staff.

Date of visit: June 2016
Smokey B, Manager at Smokey Bones, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Withyladymom. You really made our day today.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

Smokey Bones has the most wonderful veggie burger - and it's NOT a black bean burger. Yeaaa. It's so good that my husband, who is not a vegetarian, usually gets one when we go there.

For us vegetarians, things have been tough lately, at least if you don't like black bean burgers. Somehow along the way, somebody got the idea they are good, and now the few restaurants who actually still have veggie burgers, are serving these mushy, cumin laden things that you burp up for the next four hours.

It also certainly helps that Smokey Bones often has $10 off coupons in the paper, and our whole meal comes to like $12 for us both. But, we go, coupon or not. Something a lot of restaurants haven't figured out is that we often eat with friends, and all of us will choose Smokey Bones because of my love for the veggie burger, since their other food is also good. So for the veggie burger they sell me, they sell 3 other meals that they possibly wouldn't have had otherwise.

Usually, if I ask, they will serve the fries ahead of the burger, so I can eat the piping hot fries and then a hot burger. When both are served together, they are usually both cold by the time I get half way through, since I'm sort of a slow eater. (that's anywhere, of course). But anyway, Smokey Bones is nice enough to accommodate my request (usually).

Will say, the fries have too much salt seasoning for me (will have to start asking for no salt, I guess). But they are really good fries.

The atmosphere is also quite lovely there, other than the AC being cranked pretty cold, but that's pretty common. Nice, rustic atmosphere, and also nice and quiet. Have had some miserable times at places like Olive Garden and Moes with screaming kids, and for some reason, never have had that problem at Smokey Bones.

Service has always been cheerful, fast, and accurate.

They also have a reward card and you build up credits toward future meals as well as getting a free desert on your birthday.

One of my favorite restaurants, always have a great dining experience.

Thank you, Smokey Bones, for your lovely veggie burger!!

Date of visit: July 2016
Smokey B, Guest Relations Manager at Smokey Bones, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2016

Roadtoadies, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. You really made our day today.