All reviews room was clean no frills nice tv dog show fit the bill parking lot enjoyed my stay front desk clerk would stay again motel friendlys pet highway discount truck
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

The property is well maintained, especially the exterior. Front desk staff was pleasant. I stayed in a Superior room, which may be nicer that a standard room. The room appeared clean, good TV, and the furnishings were in good condition. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thank you for your positive comments and for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the condition of our property, the friendliness of my staff, and the cleanliness of your guest room. I will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team. We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2016

Nice and clean, easy parking outside door...requested a ground floor, but not quite perfect....we asked to move for th next night...no problem at all! Staff was wonderful in making sure we were comfy and happy...would r commend this anytime...close to. Friendlyes and McDonalds...close to all highway ramps.

Room Tip: Pet friendly
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Danville. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and found your room neat and clean, and conveniently located. I was also happy to hear that my staff was friendly, and accommodating. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff. Please know that we truly appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to being of service again in the very near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2016

I read Tripadvisor Reviews all the time, before going to eat or stay somewhere. When reading reviews on them, it's often hard to tell if a person is just a hotel snob, expecting a Marriott for Red Roof prices. So, I will start this by stating that I stay at Red Roof's often, and they can be inconsistent. This one is literally at the bottom of the Nasty barrel. All other Red Roofs have been renovated many many times since this one. It is poorly kept and not updated. Wall paper and grouting are NASTY, and the floors are sticky from all the moisture. There is a musty smell in all the rooms that I tried to stay in. I ended up staying there 5 nights (luckily I was not there during day, only a few hours at night), and was so sick by the time I left. My wife had just gotten a transplant and was needed to remain in town for a couple days after transplant surgery. When I explained my concerns at the hospital, they said I needed to get out of there, and that it is dangerous for her to go there. I had to get my rate changed to nightly rather than weekly. The lady at the front desk wanted to argue with me about it stating that she could't change it. I knew it would be more per night at nightly rate, but she wanted to charge me the full nightly rate. When I made the reservation with her, she told me that if I needed to check out early I would be able to modify the nightly rate to a discounted rate that I receive through my Union. She argued that she didn't say that and can't do it. The manager stepped in and had her change it, and after all was said and done, they charged me for that night too, despite it being 8:30AM. When I called later to get it fixed I got the another lady that wanted to argue with me, tell me that I was wrong, and that it was just a hotel hold on my card. I explained that I was looking at my receipt, and I was charged an additional night. After literally 10 minutes back and forth she said, "ok, I guess you are right." PS, no apology. In summary, the rooms are nasty, 2 out of 3 desk staff I encountered were rude, and I definitely recommend avoiding this place, even if it means sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Benezette_Jr
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Danville. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, however it helps us focus on the areas that need improving. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotels is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. I hope that you will give us another try in the future to meet your lodging needs.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

Stayer there in the off season and had a quiet stay. Not that way over the past holiday weekend. Heard people talking out in the parking area several times during the night. The water from showers was quite noisy. Not sure we'll be back. Have to say the room and price were reasonable but you get what you pay for. Will probably have to pay more for a quieter property.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor, regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Danville. We strive to provide each and every guest with a clean room, great service, and at a reasonable rate. We appreciate your feedback to help us to continue to improve and provide our guest with the best lodging needs that we can.

Reviewed June 17, 2016

Checked in to the Danville Red Roof Inn on a Sunday evening for an overnight stop during a road trip. It's easy to find off I 80 and is right next to a Friendly's plus a McDonald's and gas station across the intersection. The hotel consists of two 2-story buildings side by side and parallel to the road.
At check-in, I asked Amy the front desk clerk for a room on the first floor because we were traveling with our dog. Amy managed to find us a very suitable room in the back of the first building even though the hotel looked nearly full that night. She also called our room about an hour later and asked if we had everything we needed. We appreciated her efforts.
Our room was quiet, clean, odor-free and everything was in working order. Only drawback was the floor was carpeted except for the bath area, would have preferred the laminate floor like in other RRI's because of the dog. And there was no lid on the toilet, apparently by design, which made it difficult to keep the dog out.
Check out was fast and efficient; there were no extra charges for the unused safe or our pet. We're glad we stayed here and will choose a Red Roof Inn whenever we're looking for a pet friendly budget hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments and for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the convenience of our property, the friendliness of my staff, and the cleanliness of your guest room. I will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team. We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future.