All reviews cover charge no elevator night stay jazz sax ac erica trail nj bob drums bands
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Deer Head, and took advantage of their jazz package. For $199, this included a double room, music charge, a $65 credit towards food at dinner, and $15 credit towards breakfast in the morning. The room was comfortable, if a bit plain, but immaculately clean, with a lovely bathroom with plenty of hot water and strong water pressure, something often lacking in the many b & b's we have stayed at. Dinner was delicious - absoluetly the best cooked salmon I have ever had anywhere, with a tasty risotto and fresh veggies. My husband enjoyed the pasta special, linguini with a beet-based sauce, roasted beets, pickled onions and goat cheese, to which he added grilled shrimp. Very unusual, but very tasty. Music is from 7 - 11, after which we climbed up to our room (be warned, 4 floors, no elevator), and slept soundly. Excellent air conditioning, which was essential, since temps were in the high 80s. Breakfast the next morning was very tasty, we ordered the eggs benedict and spinach, feta, artichoke and olive omelette. Friendly service, altogether a very enjoyable getaway at a bargain price. Thank you!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Dinner was amazing. The Brie Cheese Salad is a must... All dishes were amazing! Hubby had the Taco Salad and I had a Seafood pasta dish. Atmosphere with authentic Jazz music is a must, and a least a one time experience. Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Brie Salad is a must.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2017

After 7 days on the trail, we arrived wet and miserable and were welcomed warmly, all our needs were met, hot shower and a warm room and bed. Friendly staff, after eating oatmeal for 7 days the breakfast was great

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank plentyofpicsPa
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for two nights to take a rest from the Appalachian Trail before heading into the rocks of Pennsylvania.

Very comfortable rooms and good location both on the AT and close to eating and other establishments. I think there were only three of us since it's a bit early in the season. My biggest regret was not being here on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday to enjoy a jazz performance and the bar -- I think it would have rated a 5 rather than a 4.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

Four of us went to Deer Head Inn for a couple of nights. There was a bit of a delay checking in as the only person available was the cook. We made good on the time though and went for a short drive to Shawnee Mountain Resort; which was very nice. So we toured that area for a bit and decided that we would try to return for a stay there later in the year. Headed back to Deer Head Inn, checked in and got settled into our rooms. They were on the 4th floor (no elevator) which we knew ahead of time but for anyone that may have trouble with stairs this is something you will want to consider when making reservations. The music Thursday night was good. I enjoyed hearing all of the Artist. Friday evening we listened to vocalist LaTanya Hall and pianist, Andy Milne. They were both very good. The base player was very good as well. It was a nice trip dispite the bad weather (rain). I know this is silly but if I could have one item in our room it would have been a bigger mirror or a full lenghth mirror. The one in the bathroom just didn't do it for me. There was not one picture on any of the walls in our room so I say there's more than enough room for a mirror outside the bathroom. That way two people can get ready at the same time and not have to wait for the bathroom. All in all it was a pleasant trip and we all had a very nice time.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple