All reviews general store office staff delaware river campers canoe rv milford
Reviewed August 28, 2017

I cannot really comment on the site itself, but in terms of customer service they are THE WORST I ever seen, and I have been camping for year all over the US! First of all, you can never reach them over the phone-you get the VM almost by default! Out of about 30 attempted calls over three days, they never answered a single one! Second, I made a reservation over the phone for three camping sites for three families!The girl read me (very) quickly a two page site policy and she said she will email me the receipt and the details of the reservation-she never did!

Third, due to extreme circumstance, (i.e., my daughter broke her foot the weekend before our planned check in) , I called to cancel one of the the reservations! I called them 10 times and left about 4 VMs on Sunday, six days prior to our check in date, specifying the situation!Finally on Monday, a young women (Kelly or Kalie)called me back!
First, when I told her the situation, there was no empathy whatsoever, like not even sorry about your situation, nothing! Then she said that they did not receive any of my previous calls or VMs from Sunday! Finally, I asked to cancel one site and although it was 5 days prior to the planned check in date, she still had to charge me one night of the three! On top of it all, she said that since I had made the reservation on my name but I was not able to go anymore, the other two families may not be able to check in nor would I be able to change the name on the reservation! That was just insane, absurd and unheard of!! When I asked to speak to a manager, no manager would be available before Wednesday! Then she hang up! So if this is how they treat their first time customers, I can only imagine the conditions on site! I canceled my reservation and I spent 30 minutes from my time with my child to write this review to at least let others know what to expect from these people! STAY AWAY!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank alinaboie
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Went for a 3 day weekend with my boyfriend, dog, & cat who thinks he is a dog. We have a teardrop camper and found that even though the campground was 80% full, sites had many trees that gave you privacy from your neighbors as well as shade. Site we stayed at had electric, water, fire pit, and picnic table. Had a very cute general store that sold basic needs as well as snacks.
We were near the southern bathrooms which looked recently built. Womens' bathroom had 3 stalls - 2 which were out of order the entire time we were there. That left one stall and it was dirty most of time - most likely from being overused. The showers were clean - the most amazing water pressure I have had at a campsite and hot water. Felt like I was home. My boyfriend said his bathroom was clean so maybe it was just the fact that they had one stall but really should have fixed it asap. Also had a family bathroom that had a toilet and handicap shower. That one seemed to always have an inch of dirty water on the floor.
The campground offered a service to drive us up to Milford Beach to launch our kayak. They also rented canoes or kayaks if you needed one. The staff was very friendly helping us load our kayak. The kayak trip down the Delaware River was beautiful! Saw about 6 bald eagles! When we got back to the campsite we had to go get our truck to bring our kayak back to the site. The campsite has a beach on the river that you can go swimming in.
One thing that we really haven't encountered at other sites (and we camp a lot) was people having no clue about camping etiquette. Constantly people were walking right through our campsite to go to the bathroom. Our site was not much of a shortcut to the bathrooms and there was an empty site a little way down if they were to lazy to walk around. And I mean right through - seriously less than a foot from the teardrop. Peeked in on what we were making for breakfast. Thank goodness I have a very friendly dog. Other sites had dogs going crazy every time people walked through their sites but the people were oblivious. Maybe it was just the group there that weekend? Or maybe you could add it to your rules that you have us review?
We also hiked Tumbling Falls which was a beautiful shady hike with water falls. Check out our Instagram for more pics - @pawsfuradventure

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank pawsfuradventure
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time on a recent weekend visit. Clean and family friendly. The grounds are kept well and the staff is attentive. The canoe trip was a blast and the sunset was beautiful. We will definitely go back!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Jenelle P
Reviewed August 15, 2016

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this campground last weekend. The camp store is very nice and has some essentials, including fresh brewed coffee every morning.

We stayed in site 100A, which was located conveniently near the bathroom. The site was very big and very level! Plenty of space for our small 5 by 10 foot camper. A lot of reviews say that the bathrooms are gross. I think that they are just old. Nothing worse than I have encountered in the past.

The campground wasn't very full last weekend, so it was quiet all weekend long. No complaints there!

The location is great to get to most of the attractions in the Delaware Water gap. We went to 2 attractions: Dingman's falls (minutes away from the campground) and Millbrook Village (about 30 minutes away).

Overall, a pretty nice stay! We might return to go to more of the waterfalls and hiking trails.

Room Tip: Campsites are shady!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2016

My 9-year old son and I stayed at Dingman's Campground in July, 2016. They are currently running a special of 1/2 off any campsites on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays this summer.

The good: The campground is well laid out - sites didn't seem to be on top of each other. Access to the Delaware River - there is a road running down to the river. The general store is a nice building and seemed to be well equipped. If you go during the week, you will have lots of privacy. There were able to pick a site that was not too close to any other campers. There is a trail running through the campgrounds that were ideal for biking and/or hiking. We saw plenty of wildlife including a numerous deer. There is also Dingman's Falls right up the road that is free and great to explore.

The bad: The bathhouses are really dirty and small. We've been to many campgrounds and these are the worst we've seen. The campgrounds were uncrowded when we went, and I cannot imagine how it would be during peak days. There were porta-potties set up around the camp to help minimize using the main bathhouses. The one bathhouse near us only had one shower in the bathhouse.

If you stay near on the side of the campgrounds near the main road (209) you can hear the traffic - not too loud but it's there. All the electric sites are situated on that half of the grounds. There were rustic sites down by the river that looked pretty neat. They were quite a walk to the store and bathrooms. There were a few porta-potties set up down there.

I would highly recommend driving to the campgrounds and looking at the sites before booking a site. Some sites are narrow, long, and/or wide, so depending on what your looking for, you may want to see for yourself. Most are a pretty good size, but some were on the smaller side. We had a big tent and wanted an electric site. We stayed at site 99 and it was perfect.

We had no problem with the bathhouses being dirty, since we are used to rustic camping. We had a great time and enjoyed staying at Dingman's Campgrounds.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family