“Wonderful meal!”
Review of Amani's BYOB

Amani's BYOB
Reserve with OpenTable
Amani's BYOB is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Downingtown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Avenue and Wallace Avenue
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to Amani’s, the first being 5 years ago. Though our first visit was nice, it was very crowded and a bit pricey for us. Celebrating our anniversary today we decided to splurge and are so glad we did. The restaurant wasn’t crowded. Our server, Mindy, was fantastic - we had to wonder if she was in culinary school because her descriptions of dishes were incredible. She treated us as if we were in a top notch Paris restaurant. Had the calamari to start which was probably the best we’ve ever had. Husband got the short ribs which were superb. I got a special swordfish which was delicious though a bit salty for my taste. We would definitely come back again. Sooner rather than later this time!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

My wife and I took her parents to brunch on Sunday. I was a bit surprised that the restaurant was almost empty, that made me a bit nervous. The nerves soon passed. Our waitress, Samantha, was perfect in her timing. didn't feel rushed at all, but didn't feel neglected either. The food all around was wonderful. Dark chocolate waffles, shrimp and grits, salmon wrap, and Baked Eggs and Maryland Blue Crab. While a little pricey, it's nice every once in a while to spoil yourself.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We met another couple in this quaint dinner destination on the main business avenue of Downingtown. The food was upscale and tasty, with a nice menu. I love byob in a restaurant I choose for a visit on an occasion that is more than everyday ordinary! One point to take into consideration is that there are second seatings in this restaurant, so you must be ready to leave within your 2 hour time frame.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

have had their catered products twice over the years and was not too impressed. So finally decided to give their restaurant a chance. and I was pleasantly surprised. the food was good. the only suggestion I would make to the chef is that sweet potato fries should have another dip with it other than mundane ketchup . and we went on Easter Sunday, yes it was crowed, packed, and noisy, but the service still did well.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic 1st time experience - attentive service, outstanding menu, delicious food. Menu is seasonal - changes 4 times a year. Prices are not cheap, but appropriate. Calamari was a solid start and the arugula with goat cheese salad was even better. Husband had the flank steak with chimichurri and it was a good choice for a steak lover. I had the short rib and it was a huge portion with a great Smokey/Asian flavor. Oh yeah, how could we forget to mention the side of jalapeño grits that we ordered in addition to our own meals - yum! We wanted to get dessert, but go figure we had no room. Guess that’s a good sign.

Been to Amani's BYOB? Share your experiences!