“Delicious Fall Brunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this past Sunday for brunch which happened to be the first day of the new Fall menu. We started with mimosas which were delicious. I had the stuffed French toast which was amazing with a maple bacon glaze which was like nothing I've ever had. It was accompanied by a yummy side of fresh fruit. I've never had a bad meal at Station Taproom whether it's brunch, lunch or a girls night of just drinks and truffle fries. Everything is always delicious and just a bit different to keep us on our toes so we don't get bored.

1  Thank smichinok

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

A friend brought me here a couple of years ago. Since then, I pretty much consider myself a regular. In fact, I have referred quite a few of my friends. I have also taken many friends here. I have even brought my family five times or more. We have three children under the age of seven. While it is a small restaurant, they are able to accommodate children. I recommend bringing your children for Sunday brunch. Typically there is a line outside starting around 10:40 AM. Please note that the brunch is out of this world. The children’s menu is a great price for $4! Try beating that price anywhere! I dare say you will not be able to. My favorite dish is the Thai curry. You can order it with chicken, shrimp, or tofu for a few extra dollars. My second favorite menu item is the mussels. If you try the curry, you will notice that it’s the same sauce they use for the mussels. It does get crowded. There is typically a wait. I believe it is worth the wait. I went here last weekend with a girlfriend. The mussels were on the smaller side. When we mentioned that to our server, he quickly brought out another small bowl of mussels. On this visit, I tried the three pork belly sliders. They were a huge disappointment. Very hard. Because I had already issued a complaint about the size of the mussels, I simply did not have the heart to say that the beef was tough. I probably could have made noise with the meat had I banged it up against the table. The only thing that I have noticed, is that the waiters and waitresses are not overly personable. They do their work and typically do it promptly. I just wish they were a little bit more on the friendly side. Despite my not so good experience last visit, I highly recommend the place! Try going during happy hour. You get a dollar off the drinks and a dollar off small plates. Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank Mom39again
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Food is terrific(get the truffle fries), sandwiches are for those with hearty appetites and great tasting too, Great choices on available brews , nice brews on tap

1  Thank jphenneger
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I've been to this restaurant twice. Both times the service and food were very good - once was for breakfast and once for lunch. If you want to go somewhere with a nice, informal atmosphere, try it out; you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

expected a taproom...downtown in the borough of Downingtown...not the best part of town....across from train station on RTE 30. Was very impressed with beer/drink list and the menu --- even though I'm allergic to cumin and many dishes were laced with it! Lots of beer on tap to choose from and some really nice mixed drinks or whisky/scotch choices. I enjoyed trying the Bourbon Pear Cider. Menu as mentioned was a bit exotic...sure they had burgers and wings but I opted for a shrimp dijon flatbread which was very good. My buddy got fish and chips which were overcooked. Was disappointed that waiter never really came to check on dinner and therefore never noticed the overdone fish and chips....he was over loaded. Great different spot to try -- especially if you like cumin.....