“A Great Night Out!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2016

You really need to go here!
Arriving at the Orangery gives you the feeling of suddenly being in another place at a time long past. The buildings are circa 1700's and the landscaping is just perfect. Very quiet and serene.

You have no say to the menu. What they serve is what you get and it changes often. Check the website to see what they're serving.

First off - the decor of the restaurant is very tastefully done. It just feels so relaxing. Classical music was piped in. The staff made you feel at home.

This is a BYOB so bring a nice bottle of wine.

Now to the menu - they served us 5 courses.
Eggplant crostini
Fried Cauliflower croquettes with a tomato basil sauce
Gnocchi with a mushroom sauce
Turkey breast tenders wrapped in bacon with a wine/honey mustard sauce,
served with oven roasted baby potatoes with Italian spices
Creme Brûlée

All the food was delicious. If I had to pick a favorite I would say the gnocchi was really good, due to the mushroom sauce.
Everything was flavored perfectly, nothing overpowering.

Meals are served at 6:30 and the restaurant closes at 9:00. The time just flew by.

The only negative comment I have is that there isn't much legroom under the tables. The metal legs are rather obtrusive.

I found the price to be very reasonable for the quality of the evening. $50 per person. They do have a cash only policy ( I believe they will take a check too but ask when reserving just to make sure)

The chef and staff get high praises from us!

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

What an enjoyable evening! Excellent food and smooth jazz! Orangery never disappoints! Their food is always enjoyable, complemented by attentive service, and tonight, these addition org a jazz trio made the experience all the more we enjoyable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 31, 2016

The Orangery is a lovely, romantic Tuscan style restaurant in the midst of beautiful gardens - you must BYOB, but personally, I'd rather do that anyway. We have been here several times, and have never been disappointed. The chef/owner is very creative with her menus, which are posted online weeks in advance. There is one menu - five specific courses, served for two weeks straight - and is prix fixe at $50 per person.

And you get dessert.

Whoever wanted larger portions, I don't know what it was they were eating, or even if they were thinking of the correct restaurant, but we were absolutely full at the end of the meal. There is plenty of food.

Note: Cash or check only - No credit cards are accepted. It's only open a few nights a week. And don't forget to check the menu online before you go!

Reviewed April 9, 2016

I LOVE this place. The food is always delicious. I have food allergies so when I make the reservation, I follow up with a phone call and Sabrina is so kind and accommodating. We enjoyed our dinner last night - the best Tuscan lasagna I've EVER eaten. We had a 5 plate meal, which was plenty. We even brought home leftovers. If you want a plateful of frozen food, go to a chain, but if you want a delicious, home-cooked meal, then go to the Orangery at Glen Isle. You won't be disappointed. In the summer, they'll have live jazz music too - another good reason to check out this restaurant.

Reviewed February 13, 2016

Decided to try this restaurant based on reviews and location. The menu is fixed as well as the price so be sure to review the menu before making your reservation. We arrived early and had our choice of seating. The decor is charming but somewhat aged and could use an update.

Food- very good but portions are small, however we left with a full stomach

Beverage - most shocking aspect was that there were NO beverages available except for the water provided. We didnt realize that BYOB meant bring your own beverage at this restaurant. It was a cool evening and we simply requested hot tea, but it wasnt available. They did offer to check their stock to see if they could find anything else for us to drink.

Service- very good

We would eat here again when the menu appeals to us but will bring a beverage next time....