“It was just okay.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2017

This is a BYOB which I typically love to go to over a regular restaurant with bar, but I had to ask for chiller to keep our wine cold and they didn't pour our wine. They didn't charge us a "cork fee" so i guess i shouldn't complain. The first course was nothing extraordinary (scallops on shell), but I I did like the salad. The Mushroom soup had clumps of roux, and the main course was very salty and the chicken was dry! I wasn't impressed by the dessert either and when I asked for a cup of coffee I was told I would be getting a coffee with ice cream. It didn't get it till after I was finished with the dessert. I really wanted a hot cup of coffee. They also didn't serve rolls. The atmosphere could have been so much better. It reminded me of a Holiday Inn dining room. Some of the candles in the window were not lit (at least not on my side of the room) and I am all about the ambiance. I did like the china and silverware that didn't match and the serving pieces that also didn't match...love that. We have been to many restaurants that serve "chef's choice - course meal" and usually have a fantastic meal. I am sorry I can't say this is one of them. The servers also did not tell us what was being served. If it hadn't been for the paper on the table we would not have known. The dessert was not described on the "menu" and I am not sure what it was. I am thinking Vanilla Wafers with Vanilla Ice Cream on top. Usually the servers give you an explanation on what you are about to eat. The servers were very nice, but with the exception of a few just brought your food to the table.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

My wife and I had Valentine's Day dinner here and everything was superb. We don't get to this restaurant often as meals are a standard $50 in cash per person and BYOB but we do make there at least once a year for special occasions. The only annoyance about this place is you can't make reservations online, you have to call and everything is straight cash. The food and service was amazing. Highlight was definitely the Prosciutto Crostoni with Sage Infused Butter. I wish I could have that everyday. Everything was good - the shrimp cocktail, the porkloin wrapped bacon and the butterfly pasta was delicious. This would be a place I would come back to regularly if the price was around $35 a person but the $50 price is warranted on the food alone. I will keep coming back at least once a year. Definitely a must if your looking for a romantic night out!

Reviewed October 9, 2016

You really need to go here!
Arriving at the Orangery gives you the feeling of suddenly being in another place at a time long past. The buildings are circa 1700's and the landscaping is just perfect. Very quiet and serene.

You have no say to the menu. What they serve is what you get and it changes often. Check the website to see what they're serving.

First off - the decor of the restaurant is very tastefully done. It just feels so relaxing. Classical music was piped in. The staff made you feel at home.

This is a BYOB so bring a nice bottle of wine.

Now to the menu - they served us 5 courses.
Eggplant crostini
Fried Cauliflower croquettes with a tomato basil sauce
Gnocchi with a mushroom sauce
Turkey breast tenders wrapped in bacon with a wine/honey mustard sauce,
served with oven roasted baby potatoes with Italian spices
Creme Brûlée

All the food was delicious. If I had to pick a favorite I would say the gnocchi was really good, due to the mushroom sauce.
Everything was flavored perfectly, nothing overpowering.

Meals are served at 6:30 and the restaurant closes at 9:00. The time just flew by.

The only negative comment I have is that there isn't much legroom under the tables. The metal legs are rather obtrusive.

I found the price to be very reasonable for the quality of the evening. $50 per person. They do have a cash only policy ( I believe they will take a check too but ask when reserving just to make sure)

The chef and staff get high praises from us!

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

What an enjoyable evening! Excellent food and smooth jazz! Orangery never disappoints! Their food is always enjoyable, complemented by attentive service, and tonight, these addition org a jazz trio made the experience all the more we enjoyable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 31, 2016

The Orangery is a lovely, romantic Tuscan style restaurant in the midst of beautiful gardens - you must BYOB, but personally, I'd rather do that anyway. We have been here several times, and have never been disappointed. The chef/owner is very creative with her menus, which are posted online weeks in advance. There is one menu - five specific courses, served for two weeks straight - and is prix fixe at $50 per person.

And you get dessert.

Whoever wanted larger portions, I don't know what it was they were eating, or even if they were thinking of the correct restaurant, but we were absolutely full at the end of the meal. There is plenty of food.

Note: Cash or check only - No credit cards are accepted. It's only open a few nights a week. And don't forget to check the menu online before you go!