“Super Greek food and friendly people”
Review of Grapevine Cuisine

Grapevine Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 74 Restaurants in Downingtown
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small, family run restaurant using ingredients and recipes from Greece. We try to stay away from the frozen food, the pre-made and pre-prepared food as much as possible, so we are not the typical restaurant in Downingtown. Since we are different in this way, we have to make certain sacrifices that other restaurants don't. First, typical of a homemade restaurant, we might not always have everything available that's on the menu. Also, when we get busy (usually Friday and Saturday nights) it tends to take longer to get served. We make these sacrifices in order to keep our food fresh and our customers happy. If you have any questions regarding anything at all, even some reviews, you can call us at 610-269-1304 or 610-269-1143. Thank you!
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We popped in here for lunch and had a great meal of authentic Greek salad (no lettuce) with a lamb and beef gyro. What I really liked was that the gyro was just meat and tzatziki in a pita bread all that the spices and mustard came on the side to add as you like it.
The Grapevine is family run and the people very friendly.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious and the most authentic I've had since I was in Greece. There were so many things on the menu I wanted! The family who runs it uses their own family recipes from Greece. The service was great and everyone was so sweet and friendly. I would definitely go back and recommend this place for anyone looking for cultural culinary delight.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

This place has delicious authentic Greek food. They hand cook everything on spot per order, so you may have to wait a bit. I recommend getting the hummus to hold you over! This is byob, so bring that bottle of wine! Service is good, but there seems to be quite a bit of confusion around seating people. We will return.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We read the reviews and were very excited to try something new. We went on a Sunday evening and the place was empty. The host/waiter was pleasant but not very helpful. We asked what he would recommend and he couldn't make any suggestions. He also wasn't very attentive, forcing us to have to ask for water and beverage refills. He also failed to bring out some of our food and we had to ask for it. In addition, several of the dishes on the menu were not available. The octopus appetizer was delicious and the both the roast lamb and fish were good. However the portions were small and the other dishes we tried were in desperate need of seasoning. Our pork appetizer was dry and way over cooked and the tomato based sauce they used was very greasy (fat literally floating on the surface). Therefore, it was even more surprising how little flavor most of the dishes had. As much as I wanted to love the Grapevine, I can honestly say it was good. One last thing, it is not an inexpensive place to have a meal.

1  Thank blhusa1
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Thank you for an outstanding evening !

We were celebrating our anniversary and couldn't find a better place to be. We like the Greek kitchen and have been very spoiled on our trips to Greece. Needless to say, we had somewhat high hopes and thankfully were at the right place.

The restaurant is on the small side and given we were there on a weekday ( somewhat empty ) I can only imagine how crowded it will get on the weekends !! The atmosphere was great, as they have nice decoration and the subtle Greek background music was helping the ambiance. The restaurant is a BYOB, but that didn't stop us from bringing out own wine and Ouzo...

The starters were plentiful and awesome in taste - we had some real nice "flashbacks" to our trips to Greece and I can only recommend to have the wine leaves and the octopus. I did have the hot peppers, but omg, they were not kidding - they were hot !! As for the entrees. My wife had the Orzo w/ shrimp and really is a fan of Orzo - that said, she loved it ! My choice was the Gyro w/ Tzatsiki and I devoured it as if it was my "green mile" meal.

The entire time, we were waited on with friendly smiles and quick turnarounds and I have to say, the father and son team there left an impression, we will never forget - as you can tell... We exchanged stories of Greece and the Cultures and were treated, as we were almost family. A real Greek experience !

I can recommend this place without any non-constraining complaints ! A+

We will be back !!