“Reliably good food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

I’ve eaten at their locations in various locations throughout the US, and they’re very reliable as far as their food goes. I love their chicken fried chicken, with two large chicken pieces, three sides, corn bread, and sweet tea. Reminds me of my days stationed in Louisiana. Their servers are normally very friendly and efficient. Only negative experience was in upstate New York when they were really chintzy with the food portions. When I spoke to the Manager, he insisted that they were appropriate. I truly hope he’s not with the company anymore because he was a poor example of management. My wife likes to browse the store after eating, and I get a kick out of seeing their old fashioned candy. If they’re busy, you can even go outside and sit a spell while listening for your name. That’s right neighborly of them.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

We ate here for lunch on our way to Lancaster Area and breakfast on the way home. We really like Cracker Barrel, and this one was no exception. Biscuits are always good, food hot and tasty. Reasonable prices, too. Too bad the nearest one is 50 miles from our home in NJ

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Went for dinner. Wife's dumplings were too thick, not too tasty, and could have been hotter. My fried chicken, the Sunday night special, was plentyful but the crust was a little soggy.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

This Cracker Barrel is good. Nothing bad to say. We ate here twice on this trip. We've been here many times before and we will continue to come here. I really don't know what else to say. Cracker Barrel is pretty consistent

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

I like going here because we receive good and friendly service.
But the food quality is inconsistent. Breakfast never disappoints. Dinner needs work. The corn bread tastes like grease, the fries are not served hot or fresh, and the chicken and rice was very dry.