“I really enjoy this place, for good food in a simple setting”

Coffee Cup Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 77 Restaurants in Downingtown
Reviewed November 16, 2017

I love restaurants that have an authentic feel that have not suffered from the banality of modern, big-corporate establishments. Coffee Cup offers exactly what you need if you desire a throwback diner with charming old school appeal that serves up simple, good food at great prices. Breakfast with coffee for under 10 bucks with excellent service. Where can you find that today? And I love their pancakes and sausage, and I'm picky with both items. I haven't tried lunch but it's standard diner food, also at a great price, so I look forward to giving it a try, too.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

They accommodate any special way you want your meal. Very local and friendly. Simple restaurant with simply delicious food at very reasonable prices. Some reviewers say normal breakfast and that is true, but you get waited on and there is no mess to clean up. It doesn't matter to me that it is cash only because it isn't expensive enough to worry about.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

I make the coffee cup my meeting place for breakfast. I normally get two eggs over easy with a side of crisp bacon....comes with home fries...and i never want my toast buttered. They always deliver and bacon is crisp and the toast is unadulterated.

This is a great place. if you are not from Downingtown you can take mental note that probably at any one time half the people know each other. Some of the most important political decisions happen at the "cup"

They are community oriented and make it more of a community place to go where you feel comfortable in a suit meeting with another suit or in jeans with dark glasses trying to forget the night before. Everyone treated the same with excellent service and a never ending cup of coffee.

I highly recommend the :"cup" for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

We ordered two different plates, the food was good, enough quantity. The restaurant was full, the took the orders fast, the waitress were ok. The only concern was the "cash only". We need to go and find an ATM to get cash, we don't see any sign with the "Cash Only".

And when you get out, your clothes smell at food!

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

It has been a while since I have been to The Coffee Cup perhaps a year or two. Still cash only which I don't understand these days. Great food and service. They now give you money towards parking since Downingtown changed from free parking to paid parking.