“A Pretty Good Breakfast”

Coffee Cup Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 77 Restaurants in Downingtown
Reviewed September 6, 2018

People I have met in Downingtown have been telling me since I moved there in May. "You have to go to the Coffee Cup in town." I tell them, I'm not a coffee drinker. And that's when they go into a tirade of how they are more than good coffee. So I finally went there to have one of their famous breakfast. Since it was just me I sat at the counter. It's a fairly small place and is almost always crowded. Filled with "usual" customers that the people that work there call by first name. I sit on the old fashion counter stool and a woman asked me what I want for a drink. I tell her orange juice, and she immediately brings me a large cup. Not the little baby cups. A BIG cup. It taste fresh squeezed. I peruse the menu and see a large selection of choices. I decide on the cheese omelet, side of Scrapple and it comes with home fries. But then the trouble begins. I sit for five, ten, fifteen minutes and no one comes and takes my order. Really. Over fifteen minutes. I finally grab, what I discover, is the only waitress in the place. The other woman was just a helper I guess. The waitress is incredibly nice and apologizes for not seeing me and takes my order with a big smile. Okay. Better, but still too long to wait. The food comes in record time. Hot, smells great and as I soon find out, delicious. The Scrapple is a bit thin for me, but tasty and grilled to perfection. The omelet is a throwrug. A little light on the cheese for me, but no horrible. The homefries are very good. Overall, a pretty good breakfast. The price was reasonable too. So, except for the Loooonnngggggggg wait. The food was excellent. I'll give it another try some other day and hopefully it was just a uncommon occurrence. I hope.

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Clean, friendly, small menu makes easy choosing,but extremely tasty. Easy to find and really affordable.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

I go here for breakfast quite often and find it the best breakfast in Chester county. The food and service are always great and the down home feel is alot of fun. I know people who return to Downingtown from afar that always make it a point to get a "MESS' before they go home.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

I love restaurants that have an authentic feel that have not suffered from the banality of modern, big-corporate establishments. Coffee Cup offers exactly what you need if you desire a throwback diner with charming old school appeal that serves up simple, good food at great prices. Breakfast with coffee for under 10 bucks with excellent service. Where can you find that today? And I love their pancakes and sausage, and I'm picky with both items. I haven't tried lunch but it's standard diner food, also at a great price, so I look forward to giving it a try, too.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

They accommodate any special way you want your meal. Very local and friendly. Simple restaurant with simply delicious food at very reasonable prices. Some reviewers say normal breakfast and that is true, but you get waited on and there is no mess to clean up. It doesn't matter to me that it is cash only because it isn't expensive enough to worry about.