“GREAT pasta”
Review of Piccolo Trattoria

Piccolo Trattoria
Ranked #57 of 153 Restaurants in Doylestown
Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

Don't let the outside of this building fool you it's a gem. I had moms carbonara which was right up there with the best- it was creamy and very tasty - service was excellent- well worth a visit

Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

So I was at training literally right across the street and decided to stop here for lunch. I ordered the personal size "Brooklyn " pizza and it was delicious. I took half home for my wife to try and she loved it. Today we stopped there for lunch and tried a few different things and all were excellent. I got the veal saporito and seafood bisque instead of salad. Both were delicious. She got the spaghetti arrabiata which was great. Just enough spice but not overbearing. The bread and dipping sauce were awesome. The price is probably a couple bucks more than some spots we go to but when the food is good, I don't mind. The service and atmosphere both are excellent as well. I hope our next visit is just as good.

Reviewed November 27, 2016

They have an excellent menu and the food is generally very good. We've been there several times and the service is hit or miss. Were not sure if they are overwhelmed or under trained. Originally introduced to the Newtown location, we were thrilled to have one open closer to home, but each visit has had issues with service, waits for food or seating 30 or more minutes past reservation time etc. The management, hosts and cashiers seem very grumpy and uncaring, but he wait staff tends to be friendly and pleasant. We've decided that is our best as the menu is extensive with several tasty options.

Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

Thought this was just a pizzeria, but the restaurant in the back is really lovely and the food was quite good. The standout was the grilled octopus appetizer. Service was fine - a little inexperienced and while good throughout dinner, forgot about us when it came time to deliver the check. Will definitely return as solid, local option.

Reviewed November 12, 2016

My husband and I were excited about having dinner here after hearing good things about the Newtown location. We arrived about 4pm for an early dinner. The restaurant was nicely renovated and we were greeted with a friendly hello. Once seated we were greeted immediately by our server, served warm rolls and a tomato based dipping sause and asked for a drink order. Our server was the best part about our meal. She was extremely attentive and explained the menu to us including her favorites and recommendations. I had a glass of procecco for $10 and my husband had wine for $9.50. The by the glass menu was very limited. After reading the menu my husband opted to start with long stem artichokes...they arrived promptly but were not that great. They were deep fried and rather tasteless, they were covered in a tomato based sause which made them soggy. He then had the chicken francaise which was 2 large chicken breasts served over fettuccine. Again, it was tasteless and very soggy. I had the special for $35.00 which was the branzino served over risotto. It was 2 filets of fish with no seasoning and soggy, soggy skin, served over a heap of risotto that has the consistency of wall paper paste. It was covered in sun dried tomatoes and peppers. The combination of tastes were off putting and did not mesh together well. Our bill was $90.00 before tip!!!! I have had better italian food at our local pizzeria. Save yourself some money and go elsewhere. This was a total miss for us.

1  Thank freelrm