“Much More then we expected”
Review of Piccolo Trattoria

Piccolo Trattoria
Ranked #57 of 153 Restaurants in Doylestown
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are visiting Doyelstown and passed by several times the strip center where this restaurant is located.
We decided to stop in for lunch and we're very happy we did.
The service was very good the food was super delicious.
I ordered the Fuzilli with many kinds of mushrooms. It was so flavorful and tasty . I wanted to eat all of it but the serving size was bigger then my stomach.
My husband had the Momma's Carbonara.
Delicate flavors blended into a mouth watering dish.
We enjoyed a glass of vino to go with these delicious plates (bowls) of pasta. A choice of soup or salad was included with each our meal.

We were not rushed at all.
Parking was easy.
If we lived here, we would be back in a regular basis!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

Had the best Caesar salad dressing EVER! Our meals were fantastic! Service was great too. Had live music which was good too.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

The ambiance is much improved from the previous setting when named Tomatoes. My wife and I were disappointed with our dinner. We ordered a grilled octopus appetizer that was over cooked and very chewy. The pasta and clams main course was no better. Very salty broth and chewy clams. Not a good experience for us.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We went prior to a play. Atmosphere is very nice. We ordered the Rustica Antipasto which was very good and plenty for the 4 of us. 1st round of drinks must have qualified for HH, because they were 1/2 the price of the 2nd. All 4 entrees (chicken vita, pasta Bolognese, salmon, and a chicken special) were very good. 2 reasons for not a 5 *: very long wait for entrees (caused us to be rushed to make the play) and need a little more GF choices. Definitely good enough for a revisit

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Menu selections were numerous and the number of "specials" was so long that by the time the waitress got to the end of the possibilities, you had to ask to repeat some a second time. The fried calamari with red sauce was ordinary and perhaps the grilled with lemon caper would be a better choice.The house salad was good and the Spring mix salad was very good as well. The eggplant parm was very good as was the Saporito, a pasta dish with crab and asparagus. The wines by the glass were limited. No room for dessert.

Date of visit: July 2017