“Fun Hibachi Experience - Green Tea Creme Brulee!”
Review of Ooka

Ooka
Ranked #4 of 155 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2015

The kids always love watching the chef's performance. I love seeing the food in its natural state before it is cooked, seeing that it is fresh. We went to this restaurant for the first time, took DelVal freshmen daughter and friends, 2 had never been to a hibachi restaurant. The 3 adults whom we did not know who had beef raved about it. Our group enjoyed calamari, shrimp, chicken and salmon. The salmon was out of this world - everything was cooked to perfection. The kids loved the fried ice cream which combined vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. The real surprise for me was both my cocktail, an Ooka Mule which took the Moscow Mule to a new level with the authentic ginger root in the glass and evident to my palate but the creme brulee. The creme brulee provides the diner two small ramekins of creme brulee, one green tea, one red bean. The flavor was both delicate and rich, with the fine crusted top and the creamy cool delishness beneath. The entire meal was exceptional but I would go back for this dessert alone.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed December 2, 2015

We go there all the time. It is a terrific place great sushi and really cool atmosphere. I would suggest anyone who likes sushi to try it. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed November 16, 2015

My family went for a hibachi meal, but one other guest and I had sushi instead.

The chef was charismatic and friendly, but we did need to remind him about a food allergy even though the waitress made a note of it on our order. After that, everything was great. The kids loved him.

My sushi and the sashimi that I tried were tasty -I know I'll be back. I particularly enjoyed the pan seared sea scallop sashimi.

One thing to note is that it's very noisy in the hibachi area, which makes conversations extremely difficult. However, they also have booths in a separate area of the restaurant if you need a quiet space.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank p011y
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

I eat here regularly because the food is always superb. I have eaten in sushi restaurants all over the U.S., and I have yet to have anything that can surpass Ooka in Doylestown. It's that good!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed November 5, 2015 via mobile

We go here periodically
Efficient and fast service
Food is what is advertised
Little noisy when the Habachi crowd is present
Overall worth a visit