“Diner food at its best”
Review of Cross Keys Diner

Cross Keys Diner
Ranked #16 of 153 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 10, 2017

The desk clerk at the nearby Fonthill historic house recommended this place for a light lunch following our tour. The food was indeed excellent, including many typical diner specialties, but made exceptional well. Prices are reasonable, and the wait staff friendly and accommodating of requests for substitutions.

They could sweep the floor a little more often. By closing time, lots of trash (napkins, wrappers, etc.) had accumulated under some tables that had hosted kids.

Note: They close at 2:15 p.m. daily and are not open for dinner.

1  Thank HarveyL759

Reviewed July 7, 2017

We came for lunch after visiting Fonthill Castle just up the street. Quirky little place that took me back to the diners of my youth...they even have a counter. Serving staff worked like a well-oiled machine. Food was delivered promptly, and was way above average. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

This is a real local's place, and a good option for a classic diner experience. The portions are generous, the service is delightful, but the food just isn't quite that great. My omelette was large, but the egg portion was lacking the usual fluffy character. The breakfast potatoes were a bit old, but they were flavorful. I'd like to really love this place. But that's not where I'm at right now. But don't blame your waitstaff - they are terrific!

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

I had lunch. My daughter had breakfast. Huge servings! I had the tuna melt and thought to myself, "I am so glad I ordered this!" It was very tasty. I do wish I'd thought to request coleslaw or salad in place of the potato chips that came with it, because I'm a fan of vegetables, but next time I'll remember. A busy restaurant, but worth the wait for a table.

Reviewed April 13, 2017

Great traditional breakfast, and awesome coffee!! Always busy so they must be doing it right over there!