“Best pizza in Doylestown”
Review of Spuntino

Spuntino
Ranked #30 of 153 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Hands down best crust, dough, toppings, freshness, innovation, creative combinations.
Tiny little place (with a nice esthetic feel to it though), with a counter but its in the DTown "mall" area" ( I hate to say mall 'cause its such a boutique, quaint type of place but it is called a mall), so there are plenty of tables in a nice atmosphere that frequently has live music. The guys that made the pizza are more than friendly and charming. They are energetic and seem passionate about their product. The wood-fired oven is beautiful and bakes so so fast- it's slightly amazing! Great salads too. The garbanzo frise' salad with pickled onions was delicious. I've had the salmon one in the past with lemon and capers and that was awesome also. This time I had the Regina pizza-- a Margherita style but a bit more Romano flavor and a pizza with brussel sprouts and Guanciale- Italia bacon- sounds crazy right? But both were outta sight.
These are 10" pizzas and are not just a "plain slice" style, but it is truly delicious, simple to fancy or unique, and worth the search for parking that (sometimes) is necessary. I scored a meter across the street last time. That made the pizza even better!

Reviewed November 30, 2016

My wife & I really enjoyed the fresh mozzarella basil pizza at this little pizza parlor in Downtown Doylestown. The crust is real thin, crispy & the pizza is very tasty. If you are in the mood for a great Italian Pizza, this is definitely the place.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

Thank you TripAdvisor for finding this place for us. The closest pizza we've found Stateside to our favorite pizza places in Northern Italy. We were driving through town and found this place on a whim. My wife ran in while we waited in the car. It was a busy Labor Day weekend and we were lucky to even get pizza that night as they were down to their last dough balls. The owners were there that evening and were super friendly to her. We got 4 pies to go, Capricciossa (our standard bearer); Rucola, Salsiccia, and Melanzane. All 4 were superb. Definitely worth a stop in and don't be afraid to order something other than pepperoni!

1  Thank crzyJ
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Two brothers replaced the old Baked on Main in the Main Street Marketplace with Spuntino - and Doylestown has a real winner! Thin crust with a real wood-fired taste - super fresh ingredients and perfectly sized individual pies. A very different pizza experience - more italian and more authentic. Good selection of choices (variety of veg, meats, cheeses) for most palates and .... head downstairs while your pie is cooking to grab a brew from the Doylestown Brewery on the lower level that perfectly pairs with your pizza! Easy Peasy Pie!

2  Thank Neil S
Reviewed April 25, 2016

GREAT Pizza, among the best we have ever had. Expensive, but unrivaled anywhere near Doylestown. So WHY did I give it a rating of 2?

I brought my wife and grandson for a late afternoon treat, and we sat at the bar so we could watch the artists make their pizza (in 90 seconds in 950 degree oven -- amazing). We chose our pizzas, 1 for my wife and me, and I for our grandson. I asked for 1/2 garlic as my wife doesn't enjoy garlic. That's when it happened.

Some person, a bearded fellow--perhaps an owner--said, "We don't do 1/2 of anything. It's all or nothing here. That's the way it is." If he's a worker, he's in the wrong business. If he's an owner, shame on him.

A high-priced pizza joint better make it fun for customers. We won't be going back. Nor will our friends after we tell them about the arrogant service.

3  Thank Judsand