“well worth a visit”

Road Hawg BBQ
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Duncannon
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have been meaning to get to this place based on other reviews. When I was driiving route 11/15 I was looking for it by the side of the road but missd it until I saw a sign saying "turn back here for Road Hawg BBQ". So I turned. After driving 2 miles I wished I had not turned, but then saw another sign and drove into downtown Duncannon. The place is small. It seats may be 8 people inside nd 8 people outside. I had the brisket sandwich with fresh cut fries. It was fabulous. The meat is piled high and perfectly cooked. The tangy BBQ sauce was great. The fries portion was very generous. My only criticism is the fries oil needed to be changed, and the bread did not match the quality of the meat. The bread was cottony and broke up under the weight of the meat. I suggest they get quality bread like Shugars in Lemoyne. Another complaint, this place neds to be bigger and closer to where I live so I can visit weekly. It should not be hidden in Duncannon. I will definitely be back. Nice people run the place.

1  Thank Stephen H

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is a little place located in the same building as the local beer distirbutor right off of Rts. 11/15. The food is awesome.....tried the full rack of ribs, meaty, hot, tender, and a great rub!! My wife likes the chopped bbq beef sandwich....great flavor, moist, and delicious! Try the BBQ baked beans and the creamy cole slaw as sides....really good stuff! The place is small, cramped inside with a counter and a few small tables, and with outside seating in the Summer months. They are only open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Expect to wait a little for your order, and come early before they run out, but it is worth it! We live about 20 minutes away and definitely will be regulars!

2  Thank PABucsFan
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Duncannon isn’t flowing with barbecue joints, but Road Hawg is definitely a place you want to check out. I went with several friends and we all tried different things and sampled each other’s plates. It was all top notch. The wings are a great place to start.

1  Thank RovingProfessor

Been to Road Hawg BBQ? Share your experiences!