“Really, really GOOD.”

Road Hawg BBQ
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Duncannon
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 December 2016

Went for lunch on the recommendation of a neighbor. Plenty of parking in the back. Nice place: basic, neat, colorful, comfortable (on a 20 degree, blustery day), and clean. Broad, store-front windows looking out front onto the main street giving sort of a vintage vibe. Busy for a midweek early afternoon. Pay as you order at the counter. Meals come out promptly. I had a straight brisket sand with an order of chili. My wife had a Bully (brisket plus toppings) sand lunch special with two sides, mac & cheese and a creamy cole slaw. Everything was hot (not the slaw, of course) and fresh. The mac & cheese and the cole slaw sides were absolute comfort-food perfection. The chili was much better than any I've had at an eatery; we do chili very well at home and prefer it, but their chili was really good. We wanted to sample everything we reasonably could at our first sitting. We did pretty well and cleaned up everything with gusto. But we didn't have room to try the baked beans, which looked pretty darn good on other folks' trays. However we mainly came to try the brisket and weren't disappointed. Luscious flavor, beautifully barked, and so moist and tender that it literally fell apart in the mouth. My wife, not an aficionado of beef, even blurted out, "Wow, this is GOOD." She did the sweet house sauce on her sand and I the sweet augmented with a bit of hot. I so want to try the pork and especially the chicken, but that will have to wait for the inevitable return baked bean trip. For all that we got, the lunch price was competitive with the 24 hour diner down the road. But the quality was really outstanding. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

The restaurant located in Duncannon is closed. The articles cited plumbing issues and there are no immediate plans to open in that location. Previous visits were good and food was also.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Well, Barbeque is a favorite. We try them all. We are new to the area and had to try it out.
The Establishment is only open on the weekends.
Very small inside, so I wouldn't take a family in to eat. The food is delicious, everything from pulled pork to the ribs. Don't pass this place by. I mean the pork is cooked perfectly.

It's off the beaten path but worth every penny. Don't pass Road Hawg up.

2  Thank Nancy T
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Went to eat at the Road Hawg in Dillsburg today. While the pulled pork was good, not great, the fries were terrible... hard, crispy and tasteless. I don't remember having fries like this in the Duncannon location. The Duncannon location has always been great when I've stopped there. The Dillsburg location needs to upgrade their food.

1  Thank Pa-park-traveler
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

This review is for the new Dillsburg location. "The Bully" (Pittsburgh Style) is absolutely amazing!! Better than Primanti hands down! No need to travel to their York restaurant when such deliciousness has come to my home town!