“FAST SERVICE ~~~ GOOD MEAL....”

Ranch House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Duncannon
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Stopped in on Sunday afternoon and decided on the filled chicken breast and the baked ham. Baked ham was nothing more than a slice of processed ham, on the other hand my filled chicken breast was pretty good, real chicken with stuffing and gravy. Salad bar was okay but no cheese or bacon bits for toppings. Prices are reasonable and portions are decent. Would recommend to others and would stop in again when in the area.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

What a great deal to add the salad bar with hot homemade soup. The staff there is more than willing to help you chose the combo in your meal for the best value and desires. Their shrimp dishes were really good as well as the burgers. My favorite is the Pitt-Burger great portion as well as juicy! But if you want Comfort food get the chicken dumpling on a waffle! Oh and the desserts are on the menu and also included with the salad bar! Easy on and off the Hwy and plenty of parking. A nice clean homey stop. See you there, Wild Bill RFD

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Normal PA Diner/ restaurant.....home cooked food...even if it's from a can or freezer just like Mom did it......clean enough...nice place actually from the look.....sat ourselves.....2 people...not busy.....like 3 or 4 other tables at the time and 2 were settled in and eating already.....took a little bit to get attention...ok...no sweat.....settled on burgers....with onions......bun was good and home made looking ...burger hand made....onions were fair amount......fries and thick and a little seasoned....like made of mashed potatoes....they were good.....but not home made fries...like they could be.....takes the same amount of time almost ....ok..sort of almost.......service was a little slow.....2 girls.......looked like they were trying...but my wife ran a restaurant for 30 years and my daughter waited tables for like almost 20 ?....so....we know it could go faster.....was actually before the dinner hours...so....I hate to see them packed.....took too long for check and all even....some places throw a check on the table with the food....others try and get you dessert......we needed no dessert.....we needed to run....it is on a travel road>>>>......so....depending on your time schedule and taste in classy or home grown.....make your choices accordingly......I would stop again.....but ....the other choice is Burger King right up the road....(faster ,cheaper and you know what you're getting into ).......Thanks....

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

A business associate and I stopped in for a quick lunch and I have to say after decades of driving by and seeing their parking lot full I now can see why. Fast and friendly service, great quality and quantity of food and diner prices. The only disappointment with our meals is that we both got the salad bar and there was no cheese, bacon bits or croutons... yeah, I know all that stuff isn't healthy! Maybe earlier patrons ate all my favorites and they just didn't refill them. Would definitely eat here again!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 25, 2017

Everything you want in a great family restaurant - clean premises; charming & attentive wait staff; great food selection; delicious food; and very reasonable prices. I had an excellent grilled chicken with steamed vegetables and added the salad bar option. My companions both enjoyed their meals too. One of my friends pointed my attention to a sign on up on the wall indicating their 69th year of business. Based on just looking around you would find that very hard to believe - these folks obviously invest part of their income back into maintaining the facility. While it isn't in "brand new" appearance, the restaurant is freshly painted and the furniture is relatively recent and in fantastic shape. After having dinner there, it is obvious why this restaurant is celebrating almost 70 years in business.

HIGHLY recommend a meal here if you are anywhere near Duncannon, PA.

Date of visit: May 2017