“Great Value”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Value”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The hotel was clean and in good condition. Hardest part was finding the side road that leads to the hotel. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Rates were cheap. I would definitely recommend unless you are looking for something super fancy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bath, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed overnight at this hotel on April 21st.. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast items looked very good. What really impressed me about this hotel were the staff.At check in very pleasent.The day after our stay, I was contavted at home by the front dek staff and informed we had left a little cooler bag in the room.I was asked if I wated it mailed to me .I did not have it returned ,but I felt this showed the competance of the staff. We will definitly stay at this Hotel again when we visit Sranton.

Room Tip: If travelling wit a pet, ask for first floor near back door/
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Somersworth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The ONLY negative I can say is that the bathroom was tiny. Toilet/shower with a sliding door. Sink was outside the bathroom, but it was probably the smallest bathroom I've seen at a hotel.

Otherwise then that the hotel was very clean, the front desk staff were super friendly.
Breakfast the next morning had a great selection. My husband I traveled about 10 mins downtown and found a great restaurant for dinner, which we had seen in the booklet that was in the room about the town.

Overall, nice hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina J
Albany
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We needed to stay for one night and we had our dog with us. This place was great! It looks pretty new and was very clean. The beds were comfy and the hot buffet breakfast even had waffle irons to make fresh waffles on the spot! All was fresh and well maintained. Considering this hotel was pet friendly, I did not see any doggie gifts in any of the areas I brought her to potty. They even had a gas grill and picnic tables available for cooking outside. Also, check in is supposed to be 3pm, but we got there before 2 and had a room ready for us and got us in early. If you need a nice place to stay in the Scranton area, check this place out!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
New Waterford, Ohio
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Very clean, nice hotel. Staff is friendly, especially Maria. Adequate breakfast. Good value. You can't go wrong with this one. Just as nice as the Hilton in Scranton.

Room Tip: Enroll in Choice privileges
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Seatlle
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed here with couples & friends for my best friend's wedding. This was our 3rd year going to the Scranton area & this was by far the best hotel experience we've had overall. Along with being kind & pleasant, the staff was extremely accommodating & helpful. The housekeeping staff was wonderful as well; we always came back to a clean, refreshed room. Location was also great. Has a bar & grill across the street & is close to various restaurants, stores etc. Overall, one of the best, if not the best, place to stay when visiting the Scranton area! Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen M
Barboursville
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Where do I start? Well, I called hotel the day before arrival to make my reservation. During the process, I did request an "early check-in" as I would be driving 10 plus hours to get there. I was told it would not be a problem.
The morning of my arrival, I called to let them know that I was in the area. The front desk clerk Heather took my cell phone number and said she would call as soon as my room was ready. Now keep in mind, you would think that as someone that is an "Elite Diamond" member of the hotel chain rewards program, you would do your best to accomodate them by assuring that the housekeeping staff was aware of the early arrival request and do your best to get that room cleaned first.
By noon, I had not heard anything from the hotel. I called again and Heather answered again. Heather stated that the room was still not ready and woould call when it was. In the meantime I am in Scranton/Dunmore area with nothing to do and nowhere to stay. Finally at 2:00 PM (1 hour before "normal check-in) I called again to find out if my room was ready. Theresa answered this time. She stated that she was the Front Desk manager. I explained everythiig to her starting from the original call to make the reservation to this point. She apologized and put me on hold to find out what was what. Low and behold, when she got back on the line my room was ready! How convienent!
Now I made my reservation for 8 day's. I was told that I would be switching rooms two different times during my stay because of previous reservation commitments. I can understand this and was willing to move as needed.
These pictures are of furniture and the tub of the first room that I am given. For what I am paying for this room, you would think that it would be better appointed/cleaned than what I was presented with. The first set of pictures are of the first room.
I will update this as I move from room to room.

Room Tip: Make you reservation well in advance and find a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunmore
2.6 km away
4.9 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
4.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore? Share your experiences!