“Tried something new”

Koi Asian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in East Berlin
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed February 9, 2018

We have now visited this restaurant several times and have found several favorite dishes, but the last two times we decided to try something new. The lunch specials gave us a chance to try different sushi rolls at a reasonable price with miso soup and salad on the side. I particularly liked the eel and avocado roll.

Then today, we tried a more expensive dish that sounded good. I had the salmon teriyaki with rice and vegetables. It also came with miso soup and salad. The dressing on the salad is especially tasty although the soup could be slightly warmer. The salmon was okay, but overcooked. Because we started with a scallion pancake, I was too full to eat it all so we wrought some of the rice and salmon home as a leftover although my sister managed to finish her shrimp teriyaki.

This Asian restaurant has quickly become a favorite with good food and friendly service.

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit. We each had something off the lunch specials list. It had the appearance of being specially prepared, not just served up. Wait staff was friendly. Food and price was great. We'll be back.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

Because of some health problems, I have not been able to revisit this restaurant, but decided to do so today. Thankfully, it was just as good as the first time, if not better. The scallion pancake was extra crisp, but didn't have as much taste as before. The cold sesame noodles were wonderful. Just how I like them, and I even introduced them to my sister and she has seen the light!

The Eastern Gate sushi roll, based on tempura sweet potatoes and avocado, has become a favorite. We even ordered two, one for the restaurant and one to take home. We tried this by accident, and we love it so much that it is difficult to bring ourselves to try some other sushi.

Again, the server was very friendly and knowledgeable. It's a great place to eat.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

We stop here often for Chinese dishes as well as sushi. Hard to believe you can get sushi this good in small town PA.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We love sushi so when we heard about this restaurant we decided to try it. We had one of our favorite Alaska rolls, and ordered a new roll--East Garden. It was spectacular with tempura sweet potato, cucumber, avocado and a fruit sauce. It was so good we have decided to try another in just a few days.

Besides the sushi, we also ordered a scallion pancake and cold sesame noodles. These were favorites when I lived in NYC, but the ones we have tried since moving have been lacking in quality. Koi Asian's were refreshingly tasty, especially the scallion pancake, which was not greasy at all. The sesame noodles weren't spicy, which is something I appreciate.

This restaurant has a good-sized menu, a pleasant ambience, reasonable prices, and friendly service. It is definitely a place we recommend.