“Italian food and bar”

Add it.
Rene's Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Went on Saturday they have 2 for $20 meals. Well worth lots and delicious food to choice from sandwich and dinners.

Reviewed June 23, 2017

R-Time At Rene's or just Rene's for those that remember, has always been a family favorite and is our restaurant rotation for the Fish Sandwiches. The menu and decor has changed with family members taking over, but what keeps us going back is the fish. I have to admit that sometimes it is a hit or miss. The fish can be really great or too greasy for me. They offer two sizes. The Mini Rene ( small fish platter with 2 pieces of fish, coleslaw and fries) or The Big Rene ( huge fish platter with 3 huge pieces of fish, coleslaw and fries). The fish is wonderful and well worth the affordable price. I love the friendliness of the staff, no matter who is waitressing that day. We are always treated well and accommodating with friends and family, in a small or a larger group. You can sit in the front of the restaurant at the bar, or in the dining room located in the back. It is very kid friendly, as well as seniors. It is a nice clean and well lite restaurant. The bathrooms are monitored all the time. The TV's provide a great get away from the crowds at the sports bars, if you're looking for somewhere to watch a sporting event a fish sandwich and a cold beer. Parking isn't a problem either in front of the restaurant or a parking lot on the back street behind. There are steps involved if you choice the back lot. We park out front.
They offer daily specials. There are coupons if you are able to locate them on resturant.com or Enjoy Book. It truly is a hidden gem of a neighborhood restaurant in East McKeesport off Route 30 on 5th Avenue.

Reviewed May 3, 2017

probably been 10 years since my wife & I have been to Rene's...hardly anyone in the place when we went ...first things first...we ordered fried zucchini...primo...I ordered a Reuben & my wife ordered a crab cake sandwich...both very good...service was excellent...moderately priced menu...it won't take us so long to go back.

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Great fish sandwich. Love it. I live in Va and when I go back to visit family we always go get fish sandwich at Rene's. They have the best

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

This place is famous for their fish sandwiches. The biggest sandwich has three large pieces of fish. It tastes good but because the fish is fried it can be hard to eat that much, at least for me, Without feeling the negative effects later. The decor in the restaurant is dated to say the least. Old photographs on the walls of days long gone by. Perhaps they cater to an older clientele, however, I believe the place is in bad need of an interior decorator. Food isn't cheap to say the least.