1,145 results
All reviews indoor and outdoor pools negative reviews older units two bedroom villa paintball pennsylvania playground
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Furniture is dated, Jacuzzi tub needed moldings fixed. Llike I said, when my fees were increased I was told there would be updates, I didn't see any. My family and I will be coming back to tree top at the end of March. I looking for improvements.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Pocono Mountain Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

We thank you for your feedback and apologize for your displeasure with your accommodations during your stay.

I have spoken to our Senior Operations Manager with regard to the items you mentioned. He will try to determine the villa in which you stayed so that the repairs can be made.

I would like to take this moment to reassure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. We continue to make significant improvements property wide including the villas. This plan of action will continue as we determine what areas of the resort will benefit from upgrades and enhancements.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to book a stay here for our first anniversary. The dates were 2/28-3/3... Everything seemed fine at check in besides the unwelcoming, brief agents at the front desk who provide u with a paper map and send u on your way. The Villas are clean and quiet, as expected. Everything runs off of electricity, heat, stoves, lights, chimney, etc. What troubled me the most is that the power went out for more than 12 hours,no heat, no way to use the stove, and all local stores and restaurants were shut down. Now we are in a situation with no food or heat and the office is unwilling to accommodate us to at least give us partial money back in order to find somewhere else to stay. The guy, Bill blatantly snapped and disrespect my husband and I, once we called to inquire about accommodations. Didn’t even offer additional blankets to say the least and it’s unacceptable. This is THE WORST experience EVER!!’ I DONOT recommend this place to anyone! P.S the restaurant that they advertise with the offer is shut down and the only other place they recommend is bordered with confederate flags! Not a good environment at all to say the least... Everything about the place is false advertisement!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sierra K

I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us on your anniversary weekend.

I would also like to apologize for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard. I have shared your review with the Director of Guest Services, so that she may discuss your experience with the Front Desk staff.

We regret the inconveniences Winter Storm Riley caused our guests. Wide spread damage and power outages did affect the Resort and our surrounding area. Many homes and business are still without power and everyone is still working hard to recover.

Our Wintergreens Patio Grill closed on February 26, 2018 for renovations and will reopen late spring or early summer. We have published the closing in our Resort Guide, activity guide as well as flyers in the welcome packet and a sign located at the Front Desk. To accommodate our guest we are offering a shuttle service to three local restaurants.

The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway strives to offer every guest the best experience possible. Again, I apologize that we were not able to do so in your case.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

So we stayed here over Feb break, with family in a three bedroom villa. The location is decent, and the amenities locally - both on and off prem are decent too. Enjoyed the snow tubing and horseback riding. The beds and pillows were kinda hard and there are some things about the resort that are a bit dated. I could overlook all that if the experience was a good one, however between the snippy "land of no" customer service and the lack of connectivity in this resort I was totally frustrated by the end of the week.

I deal with customer service issues all the time, as part of my own job so have a good feel for what that means. Although I did run across staff members who were totally accommodating, I had several examples of where they were not. One evening some of my party went to the indoor pool and hot tub. It was 8:30. The advertised closing time is 9pm. The attendant at the pool told my friend that they'd need to leave at 8:45 so they could close the building on time at 9. My friend asked if they could have a few extra minutes. The attendant called his manager, and came back with the following reply, "You have to be out on time, and if you're not it will be considered tresspassing." Now - these are nice professional people (not kids) and they asked nicely. While a simple no might not have been a great answer, the tresspassing thing was totally not necessary. Yet that's what they made us feel like: we were on our vacation tresspassing on their property!

One of our first days there I could not find the activity center and stopped at the check in building to ask for a map. When I asked the lady at the concierge for one she was very curt and said "you got one when you checked in - the only one i have is right here - pointing to the one hung on the wall behind her (unreadable from my side of the counter." I was like "really?" So I went over to the check in line and when it was my turn, that rep very gladly gave me a map. Thank you sir!

Then there is the wireless, OMG. So the cell service in the entire area is pretty sketchy. Not the fault of the resort directly, but as it was most of us got limited or absolutely no cell service during our stay. To add insult to injury, the resort charges $9.99/day PER DEVICE for wireless connectivity! Highway robbery! Really that made me so angry. Oh and if you did even want to pay that it is not compatible withe certain carriers so you couldn't even. Not being connected by choice is one thing, this was by force. And it sucked. In this day and age - its a requirement. Give something to the people.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Carol S

I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us.

I would also like to apologize for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard. I have shared your review with the Director of Guest Services as well as our Assistant General Manager so that they may discuss your experience with the staff that you encountered.

The high speed Wi-Fi services at the Resort are provided by AT&T, one of the nation’s largest providers of wireless connectivity in the hospitality industry. The Villas selected AT&T as one of the few providers with the capabilities to provide signal to over 900 accommodation units spread over 440 acres. Traditional Wi-Fi service providers to more typical hotel installations were not able to achieve this.

Our guest’s contract directly with AT&T in order to access Wi-Fi services while on property. The Resort is not involved in the transaction, does not have any influence on the rates charged by AT&T, and does not mark them up in any way. Guests who already subscribe to services such as AT&T are able to access the AT&T Service at no charge.

The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway strive to offer every guest the best experience possible. Again, I apologize that we were not able to do so in your case.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Boy am I glad that I did not let all these negative reviews prevent me from booking our trip. I want to personally thank Jill and Alyson for assisting me in booking our stay and for patiently and thoroughly answering all my questions. They assured me that I would not be disappointed and they were right. Check in was a breeze! The people at the front desk were friendly and courteous. We were a party of 6, 3 moms and 3 teenage girls. We stayed in tree tops with a lovely view overlooking the lake. Our spacious villa had 2 bedrooms with queen size beds, 2 bathrooms one with jacuzzi, a loft with 2 twin beds, fully functional kitchen,a living room with fire place and a dining room. IT WAS IMMACULATELY CLEAN!!!!! We all enjoyed a delicious lunch at Wintergreens, the indoor pool and hot tub, and the highlight of our day was the fun we had snow tubing on white lightning. I can't wait to go back, I wish we stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Joy F
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Pocono Mountain Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

Our Resort offers many different types of villas from a cozy one bedroom or studio to a 2, 3 and 4 bedroom depending on the size of your party.

Guest feedback is very important to us and we do indeed value our guests input and concerns. We have made significant improvements property wide and will continue to do so that we can accommodate our guests to the fullest.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

The area is great! Lots of things to do paintball, gun range, ride ATV'S, and of course shopping at outlet! It is peaceful and serene! This place is great for a family vacation or just bring friends together for a weekend.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation and our location.

Our staff takes great pride in offering exceptional service, so that all of our guests can have an enjoyable vacation experience. As you stated, our resort and location in the Pocono Mountains offers a nice quiet relaxing time to our guest, or great activities on property and the surrounding area all within a short drive.

We hope that you will take the time to come visit us again.