All reviews suite hotel the kitchen yogurt bushkill falls indoor pool kitchenette sink pet garbage
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Came here to STAYBRIDGE SUITES EAST STROUDSBURG , PENNSYLVANIA spent 2 nights .The worst experience ...Incompetent staff .Cheap management S.Patel ....So the staff cut corners by lying and find ways not to clean the rooms.We went out in the morning and made sure to notify the front staff the day before to clean my room but also removed the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN.I came back and nothing was cleaned .Talked to the front desk Erika .She said she knows nothing ..Can't do anything Does not have housekeeping .Does not have anything to give me not even towels or soap.I had to argue and what do you Know ..apparently after she spoke with somebody S Patel ,she found some towel and soap to give me .INCOMPETENCE AT ITS BEST .She said too bad ..no cleaning of your room and she dared even telling me that next time I should leave the room before noon so that they can clean it.When I asked for the policy that says so , she then changed her wording said She does not know.We even called the Corporate the IHG rewards club and they said well we can't do anything because it's a franchise .So stay away from the useless IHG REWARDS CLUB that cannot do anything for you It's up to you to chance it You pay and they rip you off.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi nrov12,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read facilities and services did not live up to your expectations. Please allow me to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to regain your faith in us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information.

We value you as our guest and look forward to your response.

Best,

Christian C.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after a visit with family, and neither myself nor my husband got more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep that night. We found the bed in our room to be extremely uncomfortable, as the box springs had clearly shifted in their old age and the mattress was sagging in the middle. The air conditioner was located less than a foot from the bed and our choice was basically to have this loud unit on, blowing cold air into our faces, or turning it off and having no ventilation. There was some sort of pipe in the wall that would hiss loudly every hour or so and wake us up, and then at about 3am a fire alarm went off in the hotel, waking most of the guests. People were very upset and talking about this at breakfast... which was very early and not great. The fruit salad was obviously leftover from another day.

They have clearly spent money on the kitchenettes, and I imagine that would be a nice perk if we were to stay for more than a night. The appliances were new and clean and there were dishes for guests to use. The furniture, however, is threadbare and dirty. The carpets were woefully stained - not just in a few spots, but all over. There were empty bottles of beer and a giant empty vodka bottle on the lawn near the parking lot, like someone had a party out there.

This hotel desperately needs upgrading, but to me, the worst part of this experience were the disturbances during this sleepless night that essentially ruined the last day of our travel plans. I told the person at the desk first thing in the morning. She was there at checkout and knew we were upset at having been woken up over and over. She didn’t say they were sorry, acknowledge the strange hissing pipes or other issues in the room, or offer to do anything for us. We booked on hotels.com and will be letting them know about our stay.

Clearly, this hotel has just given up. I expect there will be some response by management here, saying ‘thanks for informing us of the issues and they will be addressed,’ but don’t buy that. Unless they literally remove the carpeting, replace the furniture, fix the pipes, and rearrange the room so the only ventilation is not blasting in guests’ faces, it’s just lip service.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Karalyn V,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience and choosing to stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel due to the condition and cleanliness of our rooms. Also, I'm sorry about the noise. I know that this is not the accommodation that you were expecting and I'm really sorry. The circumstances you have mentioned are not what I want you to experience with any of our properties. Your comments are specifically addressed to our maintenance and housekeeping teams for immediate action.

We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is, Karalyn V!

All the best,

Peter J.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I came to this hotel for the weekend for a wedding. When I first entered the room (224) it smelled wet and moldy. I also noticed that the air conditioner unit was moldy and the filters dirty, there was a huge cob web in the corner of the room by the window that had to be sitting there for a while, the inside shower curtain liner was filthy, the shampoo and body wash dispenser where empty, the trash can looked like someone threw away something on it and it dried on to the can and it was never cleaned, the tub was molded along the base. I called the front desk agent Erica to let her know my concerns with the cleanliness of the room and I wasn’t happy. She said that she was sold out and that she could not move me, she can have some one clean the room for me in the morning. I know everyone was not checked in already because it was 6pm when I came to check in, she had the opportunity to move my room but failed to do so. I explained to her I understand things happen if she gives me the cleaning chemicals I can do it myself because I really don’t want to sleep in the room. After she spoke with her manager she said that she was unable to give out any chemicals to a guest. She said that she would take off 10% off my bill for the inconvenience. I explained to her I don’t want 10% or any percentage off my room I just wanted a clean room (period). I ended up going out to the store to buy my own chemicals to clean the room. THIS IS NOT THE MEANING OF TRUE HOSPITALITY.

I would also suggest not to allow your guest to smoke right in front of your main entrance. As a non smoker it is disgusting having to walk into a nonsmoking property and smell cigarette smoke and it also smells at your reception desk.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Hi, Sherry A!

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback.

I am sorry that we let you down in terms of the upkeep of the room and its amenities. I am also sorry to learn that you were unhappy with how this matter was addressed. I would like to talk to you more about this and use this for our improvement. I sent you a private message hoping to get more details from you.

I appreciate your concern towards our service and quality. As we strive to become better, we would love to once again host your next stop in the area.

Many thanks,

Anne A

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

It was clean, nice to have small kitchen in room but we didnt need it. Daughter did go down and purchase food from their pantry which was a nice extra and used the microwave. Very comfortable bed and sofa bed also in the room. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Stayed at this amazing one room suite. Had all the utilities as a small studio apartment. Easy to get to and easy to visit PUB227. Did some ziplining at the Camel Back Adventure park. That is also awesome. Its a workout. But stayed at this place after a long day and it was very clean and cozy. Reception and Concierge were polite and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2017