“Nicely renovated but food just okay”
Review of China Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Haven't been back to this restaurant in a few years. The renovation was needed and it looks much better now. The food was okay but since it wasn't very busy, the buffet was not being refilled. Many items were sitting in the dishes for a while. I think the food would have been better if it was hot and fresh. Lobster is offered but they are very small and are coated with some kind of breading. I don't think we will return here again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Recently given a facelift
Stopped their tender pork roast but recently reinstated it, yippie, tender & yummy
Sushi is v-good
All you can eat & super decent lunch prices
Not enough spicy veges
Flounder (broiled) is superb
Nice friendly staff
Still the best buffet in EStroudsburg PA
Dinner menu is a few $$$ more
Lunch is a steal
Go & Enjoy a reasonable lunch

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I brought my parents here for the lunch buffet. The sushi was very good and I enjoyed everything else I tried too, as did we all. Very good mushrooms. My parents said the ice cream was very good. For 7 bucks each we all left stuffed and satisfied. Service was good and friendly. I would return.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We went to this restaurant buffet twice. The first time was good, until I went home and was sick for a day. I thought maybe it was just a virus so I didn't worry about it and just shrugged it off until the next time we went again 2 weeks later. This time I had some of the oysters and sushi, and I was horribly sick for over a week! My doctor tested for parasites but by that time she said she wouldn't be able to tell for certain, but she knew for sure it was some sort of food poisoning. Also when we were there the second time, I noticed (how could I not) that their was an elderly woman and a child about 4 years old, sitting in the middle of the busy dining room, preparing string beans on a dirty table with there bare hands, snapping the string beans and in between the little boy wiping his nose with his hands and going right back to prepping. I thank goodness that my 2 yr old refused to eat anything except for some ice cream and a chicken finger. I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone, even my worst enemy.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

The food is good but up to two months ago they put lobster on the buffet and raised there prices. They pulled all but the basic flavors of Ice Cream. (Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry) Then added roast beef, French fries, apple pie. They started adding more American foods to the buffet and taking away the Chinese food. They added sushi.
Take out is take out but they kill you for take off the buffet for take out.