All reviewsfull kitchencrayola factoryliving roomjetted tubwalking distancewood floorssmall cafewalk in closetelectric fireplaceping pong tablecontinental breakfastcrayola experiencecondo ownersdining tablehotel roomlive hereindoor pool
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I spent one night (a Saturday) at this hotel recently. The staff were courteous and pleasant. The room itself was very comfortable. I especially liked the floors (no carpet), the spacious bathroom, and the large walk in closet. The view from the room was also very nice. The natural products in the bathroom were a good added touch. There was no fridge in the room, but because our trip was short, we didn't really miss having one. The room could use a little extra attention as far as cleaning is concerned. After noticing this, I tried to ignore the corners in the bathroom. Additionally, it appeared to be time for a new coat of paint on the walls. The breakfast that was included in the cost of our stay was disappointing, and the room in which it was served, was dark and depressing, much like the hotel's lobby. Most importantly, the area where the hotel is located seemed unsafe. We ventured out to take a short walk in the late afternoon, and felt very uneasy. The hotel locks their front doors at 7:00 p.m.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Allie365
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Had a great visit. Very refreshing to stay somewhere other than a cookie-cutter chain hotel for a change. Our room was a double queen with a separate small room with a tv & sofa and a separate large bathroom with shower and a tub. The hotel is a renovated older building, so I would expect quite a bit of variation in the rooms. The room was clean and the staff friendly.

A small breakfast (cereal, pancakes, muffins) was available each morning. There are two parking lot options - one very convenient next to the hotel, and the other close but on the other side of Northampton street. You'll need a code to enter the parking lot, so check-in first. Great location for walking downtown or to the park that runs along the river. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ectravellers
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Convenient location to be able to walk downtown for coffee, eateries, shops, and of course Crayola. The entrance is true to the title "grand". The room was a like a studio apartment: hard wood floors, double sink vanity, stand up shower with great water pressure and a jetted jacuzzi tub( although it could been cleaned better-I always pack my Clorox wipes). The closet was very large. The rooms are really spaced apart! The bedroom window had a beautiful wide window that opens up to the historic downtown view. The cafe on the first floor will deliver breakfast to your room if you miss the complimentary buffet that ends at 09:30am on weekdays. The food from the cafe was delicious!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2017

It's been awhile since I have had the opportunity to stay in town and since my last stay here was so good I was excited to stay again. Well, I'm happy I did and so will you. Exceptional!!!! Excellent location. Perfect accommodations, comfortable, r
Condos have everything you need,you will want to live here. Great friendly service and staff, perfect housekeeping. Everything about here is as perfect as can be!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We were greeted by Nelda, who went above and beyond. Our room was a two bedroom 2 bath perfect for a family. It also had a kitchen and living room. The beds were comfortable and room was clean. The hotel also had free continental breakfast. We were able to walk to great restaurants and to the crayola experience. The pool at the hotel was wonderful. Staying at this hotel was a great addition to our visit at the crayola experience.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Grand E, General Manager at Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to share your sentiments with Nelda. She is such a wonderful person and so happy you had an opportunity to experience our outstanding customer service.
“Staying at this hotel was a great addition to our visit at the crayola experience” We truly appreciate your kind words. I could not have said it better myself and so happy we could be apart of your family vacation.
We hope to see you again soon.