“Creative Good Eats”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Exceptional for breakfast and lunch. I'm unsure if they do dinners but they might, especially on State Theatre nights. Give them a call if in question. Definitely a strong recommendation for creative food preparation and solid quality ingredients.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Blue Sky at the State is a hip and comfy spot to grab breakfast and lunch. I've sat a table, booth, and the bar, all of which are great spots. The staff is friendly, and you MUST try the breakfast stir fry. There are always unique specials with fresh ingredients. I'd definitely recommend this place to locals and tourists alike!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 6, 2017

My youngest son and his girlfriend took his girlfriend's mom and me to breakfast here yesterday. From the friendly greeting and immediate seating to the wonderful, fresh, made-in-front-of-you food, it couldn't have been nicer. The ambiance was enhanced by an owner who not only made sure our breakfast was perfect, but also cleared our table and was genuinely interested in our experience. It's a relaxing atmosphere with great food at decent prices...our choices included regular pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, a bacon/egg/cheese on wheat toast, home fries, orange juice and the best coffee I've had in a long time (and I love coffee, so...). The portions are generous; go hungry, you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Always eat here and it's always good. Not your typical plain breakfast place. They make creative meals.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

Parking spots were limited and we barely squeezed into the one we found. We waited 15 min for a table and it was a 15 min wait for food after we ordered. The place was crowded with not a lot of elbow room -the 4 of us felt squeezed at our table. The food was good but I couldn't say it was worth the cost. For example the French toast with bananas and bourbon sauce (~$8) was 2 slices of egg battered bread with lots of fruit on top but was sitting in a pool of thick crystallized sugar. Maybe there was some bourbon in it but no hint of flavor to it and the mostly undissolved sugar was a turnoff; not as special a dish as you would think from the name of it. The single pancake was big, fluffy, filling and tasted good. The other items like eggs, toast, homefries, were good too. The food quality was pretty good and for how busy they were, the waitress did a good job of checking on us from time to time and she gave us her full attention and smiled the whole time. We would go back again but I'll stick with pancake syrup on my French toast (plus 2 eggs for ~$5).

Date of visit: February 2017