All reviews mini water park wine trail front desk cinnamon rolls room was clean hot tub sausage off the highway pool area lake erie parking lot would highly recommend this hotel gas station would stay here again the breakfast area pull out couch two queen beds
Reviewed October 4, 2018

We found this place very clean and updated, but a bit worn. The elevator door was damaged. Carpeting is weird. Overall, a good place anyway. Would stay here again. Breakfast was good with numerous selections.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jay S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Dear Chazkat,
Thank you for your candid review appreciate you enjoyed Very Clean Room & breakfast. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We were informed upon arrival that Booking.com has cancelled our reservation. It was wine festival weekend and rooms were far and few between. I was traveling with three others including my 82 year old Mom. I was panicked...not to worry, Joan and the manager found us two rooms. I cannot say enough good things about how they handled the situation and provided exceptional service. The facility is great, and the staff is fantastic. We will definitely be returning.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sherry,
Thank you so much for your “Five Star” review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty as an IHG® Rewards Club member. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to East coast... convenient to I-90, and about 20 miles East of Erie.
Late night check-in was easy (called and reserved from the road a few hours in advance.)
Be sure to ask for a room NOT facing the interstate. There is an enormous retaining wall on the south side of building, which would likely block your view- especially on the first and second floor.
We had room 136- two queens- facing the front (north) large and very clean. Decor too contemporary for my taste- for example, no actual curtains...just sterile blinds- but I could see the appeal to business people (a nice size desk, sofa, adjustable coffee table, 24hr fitness room) and to everyone in general (gorgeous, fun-looking pool!)
Breakfast room is large- two story ceilings, with a huge fireplace, and windows looking into pool area. Breakfast was mixed bag. Eggs were mediocre, sausage ok, oatmeal was good. Staff very accommodating and friendly. Over all, we would definitely stay here again when passing through!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jay S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the perfect review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and commented on the cleanliness of the property. We appreciate the recommendation that this a great place to stay! We do offer to our the guest, the use of the mini water park at no extra charge. It is a wonderful amenity that our guest loves. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the IHG Brand. We look forward welcoming you back the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

We loved this Holiday Inn! It was everything and more. This was our second night on our New England trip, and I could have stayed longer here for sure! Even though we did not partake of the pool, it sure did look inviting! The room was very clean, the bathrooms were awesome, and the breakfast was amazing. The front desk was also very helpful!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jay S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review with the online community! It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. I am very happy that so many different aspects of your stay went so well such as the cleanliness, service, and breakfast. I will make sure to share with our staff in each of these areas that they did such a wonderful job for you. It takes our entire team to make our guests feel comfortable and at home and I am very happy that we were able to accomplish that for you. Thank you for such a great review and I sincerely look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

We spent one night here on the way back to Iowa from the east coast. I felt misled that the hotel was in Erie, when it was actually about 20 miles east of Erie on I-90. We wouldn't have selected this hotel if we researched the location more closely, but that was my fault. The rooms were large, but we were disappointed by imperfections in the room such as stained carpet and holes in the bathroom wall where it appeared a hair drier used to be. We all found something to eat at breakfast. My husband enjoyed the cinnamon rolls! We arrived to the hotel fairly late at night so the pool area was already closed, but my kids enjoyed playing it in after breakfast before we had to check out. The water temperature was comfortable, and there were a variety of water features to keep both my 6 year old and 13 year old happy.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jay S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations for selecting location. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. Glad to hear kids enjoyed hotel indoor water park & breakfast area.We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.