All reviews waffles splash lagoon sausage king suite bed was comfortable cereal shopping mall
Reviewed August 18, 2016

Stayed Sunday night because my husband, and I took our girls to the beach during the day. This hotel was previously a Country Inn (man, did I miss the warm peanut butter cookies at the front desk!). This hotel has hits and misses.
Negatives:
- I asked for a top floor. I got a 1st floor.
- I asked to be away from the construction since we have a 7 month old and I was literally a few doors away from it. Luckily they didn't make noise until we were checking out.
- The lady checking us in didn't have an upbeat, easy-to-approach demeanor. SMILE!
- Musty smell upon entering room 108
- Do they wash bed spread after guests leave? One bed had a bedspread that definitely looked unwashed and had a gross..stain.
- I slept w/ our 7 month old since we bedshare and our bed was broken. It was elevated at the head and low at the foot. Definitely couldn't sit on the foot of the bed. Then on top of that, the bed was SOOOOO LOUD. I had to use the restroom in the middle of the night and had to wait because I didn't want to move and wake my baby. I have never slept in a bed that was THAT loud. What happened?
- Pool was temporarily closed Mon morning so my six yr old was really sad.

Positives:
+ We got a good rate (I guess ya get what ya pay for)
+ We only stayed 1 night so it was a "whatever" situation for us.
+ Free breakfast (LOVED the waffles!)
+ Nice breakfast attendant on Monday morning - did not get her name
+ EXCELLENT room service food. I got the crispy chicken salad and the toppings were plentiful and my husband got a steak salad, also with an abundant supply of the toppings. This is very rare! Nice touch!

I would probably book at TownePlace Inn (stayed there before) at least until this place is up to par.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

While the ongoing renovations detract from any impressive greeting or registration , our room was clean and nice. The single ice machine in the three story facility was broken the first night and our room had no towels. The staff was helpful getting both issues resolved quickly. We chose not to eat there due to the availability of quality food nearby. It was what you would expect from any hotel attempting to lure you in: just enough to say it was free. I have stayed there before and probably will again as long as the rates are competitive.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights and even though the hotel is going through some renovations, it never interrupted our stay. It has a nice little breakfast for the morning with the basics. The renovations when completed will make the hotel feel very modern. It is in a great location for shopping on Peach Street and about 50 minutes to Grove City Outlets. I have stayed here a few times before and it used to be called Country Inn and Suites.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

While it is undergoing remodeling it was a good stay. Other than about 10 minutes of noise one night I would have never heard the workers. The continental breakfast was par for a continental breakfast. Not great but not bad. I also heard loud children but with the location close to splash lagoon it can be expected. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. I can't wait to see it finished after remodeling hopefully the price stays low. The employees were friendly and accommodating even switching our rooms so we would have connecting rooms after we checked in early. All in all a great stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

We spent one night here. We won't be going back. The hotel is undergoing renovations and is in a state of disarray. I totally understand that and was ok with it. What totally turned me off is the room next door had probably a dozen people/kids staying in it. They were out of control. They had little toddlers running down the hall screaming our entire stay. I awoke at 5 am this morning to the kids yelling in the hallway. The hotel management was informed and refused to do anything. I thought we had found a new decent place to stay in Erie but there is no way I would stay there again. VERY disappointing...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple