Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport
US$135
US$127
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2008

This place is a mess! the rooms are a bit dated....the comforter reminds me of one I had when I was 12....yellow floral. Blankets usually smell like smoke. The restaurant's food is NOT GOOD!! Front desk staff...there's one really nice lady in the bunch. The room's doors slam shut, so if your neighbor is in and out of his/her room, you hear slamming all night. The van drivers are really nice older gentleman. The shuttle to the airports are usually jammed( most folks stay there one night before hopping on a flight) so get there early.
If you don't have a computer, there's on computer for the entire hotel with a printer that doesn't work most of the time. Luckily, all the rooms have wi-fi and sliding glass doors leading to a balcony so you can get some fresh air.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank JETGALNY
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I have stayed at the Ramada Inn Philly Airport location twice now in the last month. I was very pleased with my online booking experience and had no trouble at all with my reservation upon checking-in. The exterior of the hotel looks quite dated and the location of the hotel is in an industrial area--but the interior of the hotel is very clean and pleasant. I rec'd. a government rate of $95 with tax and felt that I definitely got my money's worth. Both rooms that I stayed in were very clean--the room with a king size bed was very spacious and included a small sofa. The staff is extremely friendly and all of the hotel maids made a point of greeting me with a friendly hello. This hotel is great for a one night stay while catching an early morning flight.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank kym72
Reviewed 8 February 2008

Stayed at the Ramada in Jan. 2008. Had stayed there previously and was disgusted with how dirty it was. Was pleasantly surprised. Rooms have been totally refurbished and the entire Hotel has been cleaned up quite a bit.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 6 January 2008

In October of 2004, I went to a job fair at the Ramada. Thank God that
there was bus transportation from the SEPTA 69th Street Terminal in Upper Darby. (For those of you who are not Philadelphia area natives: SEPTA stands for Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority; the public transit system here in Philadelphia, and the 69th Street Terminal is the hub for most of the suburban routes in Delaware County.) While the staff there was very helpful, it was just an average place, however, I did not stay there overnight.

This hotel is located right along the Industrial Highway just a few miles south of the Philadelphia airport. Although the SEPTA Route 37 bus goes right by the hotel, I don't recommend crossing the Industrial
Highway at all. There is no traffic light there and it can be very dangerous. Since I was attending a new career choices class at the time, my teacher gave me and a few other women in my class a ride back
to the Delaware County Community College in Media, where our classes were held.

This is definitely not a hotel to stay at for a vacation. Essington is a small blue-collar industrial community in southeastern Delaware County, just a few miles from Center City Philadelphia. In fact, during my last two years of school, we used to pick up some kids down there, including one who lived all the way near the airport. At that time, we drove right by the old Westinghouse plant, which has since closed. (It closed back in the 1980's.)

This hotel is OK to stay at for a night, but if you're coming to Philadelphia to do some sightseeing and nightlife, you're better off staying in Center City.

• Stayed: October 2004, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2008

My wife and I along with eight others stayed at the Ramada Inn at the Philadelphia airport while attending the New Years Eve festivities. Before staying here I visited this review site and was amazed to find a number of negative reviews about this facility and the service provided there. Let me set the record straight as our whole crew had a great and wonderful time here. The service was excellent. All of the staff at the front desk and at the banquet facitily were very cordial warm and very helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable and we were extremely pleased. We would surely recommend this hotel and would stay there again. I felt as cimfortable there as I did in the last 4 star hotel that I last stayed at. Thank You and your staff for a plesant experience.

Stayed: December 2007