“Ramada Essington”

Reviewed 10 August 2009

Overall Great Stay for the price, greta service no complaints

Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 August 2009

This hotel has hosted 2 of the series of Celebrity Boxing events and everyone at the hotel was very nice in helping the events be a success, the staff is always on time with set up rooms and the hospitality was very good! Very excited in bringing another great Celebrity Boxing event to
the Ramada in the near future.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I was checked-in by a young lady, pleasant, helpful and very professional. The room did have an odd smell but otherwise clean, except for the bathroom floor. That evening I called the front desk, to inquire about a nearby drugstore, no answer. I went down to the desk and was summarily ignored by the woman chatting with some men, when she finally got to me I was told she wasn’t familiar with the area, that’s it, big help, Thanks!
Other than being close to the airport there are much better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2009

The hotel itself is very nice. Rooms clean, size of room, great! Front desk people, very kind. Only one problem.....their internet connection (wireless) is so very, very slow...even the Google page comes up slowly. Google! I am writing this review from the Quality Inn across the street and a little further up (sitting in my car, in their parking lot) just to get some kind of normal internet access. They need to fix this big time, otherwise business people and others are out of luck, when it comes to internet access.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Jbloom0212, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2009

Thank you very much for your response in regards to our WiFi internet service. I am pleased to announce that we have just installed a Brand New WiFi system throughout our entire hotel and it is working great. Over the past few weeks, we have received positive feedback about the Complimentary Wifi internet service that we provide. Your feedback is definitely necessary for us, so that we may improve on our product and service offered. I welcome you back to experience a wonderful stay and a problem-free internet experience!

Reviewed 30 April 2009

We stayed at the Ramada the night before we flew out to Jamaica, we used the Park and Jet. The rooms were big, very clean, and very comfortable. My husband and I went down to the bar before going to bed. The bar area was also very clean and well kept. We were traveling with a group of 21 and the hotel had vans ready to take us to the airport in the morning and when we returned it only took them a few minutes to get us vans back out there to pick us up. When my husband arrived at our truck parked in their Park and Jet lot we had a dead battery (we left the interior lights on). The driver of the van had a battery charger with him and was happy to help us out. I would recommend the Ramada whether it is for their Park and Jet service or if you are just staying in Philadelphia for a few nights.

• Stayed: April 2009

Thank you for your feedback and glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to the Ramada Philadelphia Airport!

Reviewed 24 March 2009

When checking in on March 14, we were warned of a convention and those in attendance. The desk clerk cautioned us they were a noisy bunch. Understatement. They carried on until 6:30 a.m. They ran up and down the halls, slammed their doors constantly and kept banging on ours to invite us to their room parties. My friend and I got NO sleep and had to be up for an early flight. That was why we'd booked the room in the first place. Calls to the front desk were an exercise in futility. The "hall cops" were useless. The manager on the front desk on the 18th acknowledged problems with the convention guests, but begged off making any amends to us. Several phone calls later, I got a big $10 off my $160 bill. Next time, I'll skip it and drive to the airport straight from home — two hours away.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2009

The locale is great if you are visiting the city. The rooms smell. The rooms are not maintained well. The shower curtain would not stay shut and soaked the bathroom. I noted it to the front desk and they sent someone up promptly to fix it. The repair was fine but we had no maid service that day and all of our towels were used to make sure we did not slip. They finally sent a maid up at 5:15 and I just took the towels. The next morning had no hot water. Then later that day the toilet would not stop running. The food in the lounge was horrible as well. Also does not have free WiFi which most hotels offer now.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Jbloom0212, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2009

First of all, we apologize for your inconvenience while staying at our hotel. Our housekeeping staff has done a tremendous job maintaining our rooms and have countless number of positive comments received on a daily basis. It is not like us to drop the ball but on occasion it does happen. We find that the most common reason for housekeeping to pass over a guestroom is due to a "Do Not Disturb" sign posted or accidentally left on the door. I do hope that you contacted our front desk in regards to the toilet and our maintenance staff fixed it. During your stay we did have a hot water heater issue that has since been addressed. We do offer FREE WiFi to all of our guests, as well as a paid service for even faster internet capabilities. I would welcome you to contact me directly to discuss your stay. We always welcome input from our guests and criticism, as well as praise, it is necessary in providing the utmost in customer satisfaction. Thank you for your feedback and I hope we can earn another opportunity to change your mind. Jason Bloom, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
0.7 km away
3.2 km away
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
6.1 km away
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport? Share your experiences!