“Looking forward to staying here again”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Reigate, Surrey
“Looking forward to staying here again”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, good value breakfast, brilliant free shuttle service from Rick and Rich, thanks Guys.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear Laurie99,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel the Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge. We appreciate all of your comments about your stay. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they do a good job. Thank you for mentioning Rick and Rich, our shuttle drivers. We strive as a hotel to provide great guest service to all of our guests at our hotel.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will come visit us again in the future.

Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed here while in town on business. I normally would not have chosen this hotel but the company I was working with had a good rate here.
I really wasn't aware that Wyndham Garden was a full-service hotel - meaning there's a restaurant/bar onsite, and all that. So that was a nice surprise. The property is definitely old but most common areas look very clean and updated. My only complaint was that I had a couple of big bugs in my room, although when I told the front desk they sent someone up right away to take care of it.
The room was spacious with a flat-screen TV and large work area. The bathroom was a bit small, would be tight if I was sharing the room with someone, but not really an issue since I was there by myself. Nice showerhead. There was no actual closet in my room, just a closet rod set back in a little alcove... I hate that, but that's just me. I like a real closet. One other nit-picky thing was the pillows... they were a little bit like sleeping on a folded up sweatshirt... very firm but not in a comfortable way.
Internet is complimentary but breakfast is not. (I skipped the breakfast so I can't comment on it.)
All in all I thought the hotel was fine, especially considering the good rate I had.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear Tigerfly222,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotels. We appreciate all of your concerns and comments. We are currently looking in to the concern about having those bugs in your room. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are sorry if that inconvenienced you in any way.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

than
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We recently stayed here recently, not sure what all the complaints are about ? This hotel was clean, The lounge-bar, and restaurant were awesome. We are planning on returning soon.
We even made some new friends while hanging out at the bar. This is a great place for couples in their 30's,40's and 50's to meet and hangout after seeing the local area and attractions. The staff has been super every time we have been there. Maybe some of these people complaining need to stay at resort hotel or take their kids to a Kiddy geared hotel. This Wyndham is best suited for Couples Friends, and Business

Room Tip: Not sure on this one, we like upper level rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Tf751W

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for you comments about our hotel. We appreciate all of you comments and will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 January 2012

For the third year we celebrated New Year's Eve, at the Wyndham previously Inn at Chester Springs. Our room was clean, and comfortable, as for the rest of the evening not so much. The party was moved from the ballroom where it is normally held to several different rooms. Dinner was downstairs. We than had to go back upstairs to the "bar" for the remainder of the evening. Where we had to stand in line because the bar was not open yet. There were very view tables in the room where the band performed. We were in a seperate room from the band, who took many breaks. There was no entertainment during the frequent breaks, as in previous years, and the music not as good as previous years even though it was the same band. We will spend next New Years Eve somewhere else. Even though we were promised a partial refund, and told it will not be this way next Year, our inconvenience was caused by a wedding.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Angela G
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for your New Year's eve experience. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We are currently looking into the situation. We are passing all of your comments on to the staff so they can better serve you and future guests to the hotel.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and concerns. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.

Travellers are raving about these Exton hotels

Chicago
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have stayed twice at this hotel. Once I was on the second floor and once on the fourth floor. I am a memeber of the wyndham by rewards program and the first time I got in really late and there were probably not rooms on the fourth floor.

Both nights I slept well. Lots of pillows. Bed was fine. The fourth floor room had a king sized bed and a bigger bathroom area, which was nice.

Good breakfast with starbucks coffee (I think). Fresh fruit, made to order omlets.

Overall a nice stay. I am in the area for work periodically, and will stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your great comments about your room. We are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. We are going to pass all of these comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a great job.

Once again thank you for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again really soon.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I am in the area for business, and will be for the coming weeks. Since I am on the road about 2/3 of my week, bedding and comfort are very important to me. I chose this hotel because based on the website it seemed like an "at home" kind of place, with complimentary breakfast (free with my corporate rate) and "Wyndham Be-Well" bedding.

Little did I know that "Be-Well" bedding means a mattress comparable to a conference room table, and a single blanket barely enough to keep me warm at night. Half the television channels had "no signal" and when I called to complain they said they would have someone check on it, and I still have heard nothing nor seen any results after 2 and a half days. The room also smelled like smoke, despite it being a non-smoking hotel. This was not just in my room either. 2 colleagues had the exact same complaints after the first night. To be fair the breakfast was good and the staff was friendly (though not particularly helpful).

I'll be back in town next week and I'm staying at one of the other hotels down the road

Room Tip: There are non. They are all out of date. But if you can ask for one that looks out the back of the h...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Tyler S
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time tor review our hotel. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, comfortable, and safe place to stay. We have passed your comments about your room and bed on to to our management team. We use these comments to better serve you and future guests.

Once again we are very sorry for your recent stay. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I recently had a baby shower at the Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge and it was great. The staff worked well to coordinate the event and met all my needs and expectations. The food was excellent. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to host an event.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your event that you had a the hotel. We are very happy that we could accommodate the baby shower. We hope that you will consider us for future events.

The Wyndham Garden Exton is a convenient location for your meeting, convention or milestone event. Located in the heart of Chester County near Valley Forge and Lancaster in the Philadelphia suburbs. We have more than 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including two spacious ballrooms, three additional meetings rooms and an Executive Boardroom, along with our Tented Pavilion and Rose Garden Gazebo adjacent to the outdoor pool

Thanks again for your time. We hope to see you in the future!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
0.6 km away
2.7 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
6.3 km away
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!