“Worst Hotel Experience EVER”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I called the hotel weeks in advance to ask some questions about the hotel and try to get my reservation specifically for a Family Vacation. They could not match the price I was finding online at their own website, so I ended up actually reserving online. While I was talking with them and asking about a quiet family vacation for March 11th, the staff member didn't bother to tell me there would be a convention in the hotel. When we first arrived we were put into a room on the 3rd floor but the toilet leaked all over the floor when flushed (disgusting.) So we went down and were moved to another room, but told there was only 1 bed, no sleeper sofa for our son. When we and housekeeping arrived at the room we found there was a sofa sleeper so the cot they sent wasn't needed. The housekeeper seemed upset she had to bring it up for us and now we didn't want it. She eventually got us sheets for the sofa bed. Exhausted we sat on the bed on top of the covers only to find it cover in some sort of grit. We couldn't bear another change and knew they were too full to make a comperable change again, so we took off the cover and didn't use it. When we finally did get to sleep it was constantly interupted by the drunks screaming and slamming doors in the hallways ALL NIGHT LONG. At 4am we were awakened by loud pounding on the door, even my child got up this time. On check out I was not even asked how the night's stay was or how I was or if the stay was satisfactory. I guess the girl already knew! It was a horrible experience and we will NEVER GO BACK THERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you specifically ask if they are having a convention or large group.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Heather A
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Dear Heather A,

We would like to apologize for the issues you faced while our guest. Unfortunately this was a very last minute event that actually booked after you already had your reservation. Knowing the size of this group we did have extra security on that night and we wish you would have called us so that we could have had them address the issues immediately. Again I apologize that this effected your time with us.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, good value breakfast, brilliant free shuttle service from Rick and Rich, thanks Guys.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear Laurie99,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel the Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge. We appreciate all of your comments about your stay. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they do a good job. Thank you for mentioning Rick and Rich, our shuttle drivers. We strive as a hotel to provide great guest service to all of our guests at our hotel.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will come visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed here while in town on business. I normally would not have chosen this hotel but the company I was working with had a good rate here.
I really wasn't aware that Wyndham Garden was a full-service hotel - meaning there's a restaurant/bar onsite, and all that. So that was a nice surprise. The property is definitely old but most common areas look very clean and updated. My only complaint was that I had a couple of big bugs in my room, although when I told the front desk they sent someone up right away to take care of it.
The room was spacious with a flat-screen TV and large work area. The bathroom was a bit small, would be tight if I was sharing the room with someone, but not really an issue since I was there by myself. Nice showerhead. There was no actual closet in my room, just a closet rod set back in a little alcove... I hate that, but that's just me. I like a real closet. One other nit-picky thing was the pillows... they were a little bit like sleeping on a folded up sweatshirt... very firm but not in a comfortable way.
Internet is complimentary but breakfast is not. (I skipped the breakfast so I can't comment on it.)
All in all I thought the hotel was fine, especially considering the good rate I had.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2012

Dear Tigerfly222,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotels. We appreciate all of your concerns and comments. We are currently looking in to the concern about having those bugs in your room. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are sorry if that inconvenienced you in any way.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

than

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We recently stayed here recently, not sure what all the complaints are about ? This hotel was clean, The lounge-bar, and restaurant were awesome. We are planning on returning soon.
We even made some new friends while hanging out at the bar. This is a great place for couples in their 30's,40's and 50's to meet and hangout after seeing the local area and attractions. The staff has been super every time we have been there. Maybe some of these people complaining need to stay at resort hotel or take their kids to a Kiddy geared hotel. This Wyndham is best suited for Couples Friends, and Business

Room Tip: Not sure on this one, we like upper level rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Tf751W

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for you comments about our hotel. We appreciate all of you comments and will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

For the third year we celebrated New Year's Eve, at the Wyndham previously Inn at Chester Springs. Our room was clean, and comfortable, as for the rest of the evening not so much. The party was moved from the ballroom where it is normally held to several different rooms. Dinner was downstairs. We than had to go back upstairs to the "bar" for the remainder of the evening. Where we had to stand in line because the bar was not open yet. There were very view tables in the room where the band performed. We were in a seperate room from the band, who took many breaks. There was no entertainment during the frequent breaks, as in previous years, and the music not as good as previous years even though it was the same band. We will spend next New Years Eve somewhere else. Even though we were promised a partial refund, and told it will not be this way next Year, our inconvenience was caused by a wedding.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Angela G
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for your New Year's eve experience. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We are currently looking into the situation. We are passing all of your comments on to the staff so they can better serve you and future guests to the hotel.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and concerns. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have stayed twice at this hotel. Once I was on the second floor and once on the fourth floor. I am a memeber of the wyndham by rewards program and the first time I got in really late and there were probably not rooms on the fourth floor.

Both nights I slept well. Lots of pillows. Bed was fine. The fourth floor room had a king sized bed and a bigger bathroom area, which was nice.

Good breakfast with starbucks coffee (I think). Fresh fruit, made to order omlets.

Overall a nice stay. I am in the area for work periodically, and will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your great comments about your room. We are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. We are going to pass all of these comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a great job.

Once again thank you for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again really soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I am in the area for business, and will be for the coming weeks. Since I am on the road about 2/3 of my week, bedding and comfort are very important to me. I chose this hotel because based on the website it seemed like an "at home" kind of place, with complimentary breakfast (free with my corporate rate) and "Wyndham Be-Well" bedding.

Little did I know that "Be-Well" bedding means a mattress comparable to a conference room table, and a single blanket barely enough to keep me warm at night. Half the television channels had "no signal" and when I called to complain they said they would have someone check on it, and I still have heard nothing nor seen any results after 2 and a half days. The room also smelled like smoke, despite it being a non-smoking hotel. This was not just in my room either. 2 colleagues had the exact same complaints after the first night. To be fair the breakfast was good and the staff was friendly (though not particularly helpful).

I'll be back in town next week and I'm staying at one of the other hotels down the road

Room Tip: There are non. They are all out of date. But if you can ask for one that looks out the back of the h...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank Tyler S
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time tor review our hotel. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, comfortable, and safe place to stay. We have passed your comments about your room and bed on to to our management team. We use these comments to better serve you and future guests.

Once again we are very sorry for your recent stay. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
0.9 km away
14.0 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in West Chester

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton? Share your experiences!