“The Manager Sat Down and Talked With Us Like We Were Old Friends!”

Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“The Manager Sat Down and Talked With Us Like We Were Old Friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I can't say enough about this Holiday Inn Express. Not only does the entire staff welcome you warmly each time you walk through the lobby, but the manager actually sat down with us one day when we were in the eating area and had a lovely conversation. I'm sure she had a million things going on, but you'd have never known it from the time she gave us. Her hotel is spotless. I mean it- you could have bounced a quarter off the pristinely-made bed, the room was squeaky clean, and it even smelled fresh. The breakfast area was tidy, the food was hot, and the staff attentive. I was offered bottled water and cookies numerous times on my way through the lobby. Skip over the "newer" hotels in the area and cash in on this goldmine of an experience. You won't be sorry!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lynch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just got back from short stay in Pa. Stayed at the Exton Holiday Inn and it was great. They were very friendly and helpful. I needed a quite place to take a online test and they were more then helpful. We were greeted warmly each day. They were very friendly to our daughter and she was more then thrilled with the cookies and small toys. The place was clean and quite. The location was great. The mall is across the street, well within distance and shops and restaurants surround the property, great for quick walk and shopping. If we come back for another visit this is were we will stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a long weekend for a family wedding. Manager and front desk staff very attentive and helpful. As always the breakfast buffet was excellent, not just prepackaged donuts and instant coffee. The cinnamon rolls are to die for, too bad I can't eat them anymore due to a gluten intolerance, my husband and parents sure enjoyed them. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank crnky
Bhopal, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

HIE Exton is exactly what the title says. "HIE" is Home In Exton. I understand the importance of family and friends as my job involves a lot of travel which keeps me away from home in India for long stretches. And I know a thing or two of how hotels are across the world !
Here I am a part of the family to the extent that I am spoilt ! Holiday Inn Express, Exton has an awesome team. I have stayed here often and every time I leave I feel bad and hope that I come back soon. There is something personal about everything here. Transport has been arranged for me whenever I needed to move around - be it for business at steel mill in Coatesville, to eat at a restaurant or to shop at a mall. Incredible. I hope to bring my wife and daughter here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MilindRanade
Hershey, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Clean and new, but no towel rack so the towels took up the little bit of counterspace. Door hits tour knees, because really, who closes the bathroom door when no one else is there lol. Room and breakfast buffet are exactly like all the new HIExps, so nothing special, but it was clean and fresh so that was nice. Oh, and weird thing, the coffee carafe didn't fit the coffee maker so tou have to press it against the strainer to let it fill.

• Stayed February 2012
Seaford, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Was a great stay. The staff got a little noisy at times while cleaning other rooms during early morning but otherwise great hotel! Breakfast was wonderful, the accommodations were roomy with more than sufficient towels, cups, coffee, etc, that got changed every day!

Room Tip: I stayed on a second floor corner and the room was very roomy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Millville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I am an Athletic Director at a high school that plans many overnighte trips for athletes each year. HIE is the BEST hotel I've dealt with in 5 yrs. I LOVE our trips to West Chester each year. I wish ALL my trips were in the suburban Philadelphia area. I even took my wife back to the hotel for her birthday. It was nice enough for a birthday celebration AND to house 50 athletes.... just not at the same time :-) Thanks HIE!!!

Room Tip: The house many groups, the less people ON TOP of your room the better. Try to get a top floor room...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
3.8 km away
4.4 km away
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
4.2 km away
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville? Share your experiences!