US$120
Hotels.com
US$209
Homewood
US$70
All reviewsfarm to tablesleep number bedjacuzzi tubblueberry sconeslehigh valleyromantic getawaycarriage house suitecouple's massagegas fireplacemain buildinglocal wineriesgarden cottagemodern amenitiesstayed longerincluded breakfastpackhouse suitemini fridge
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

Reserved a Garden Cottage for the weekend which was worth the value. The interior was well maintained and up to date. This is the largest rental which appears to be designed for couples. There is no kitchen area except for a small fridge, so it’s more of a weekend getaway as opposed to your traditional long term cabin rental. A rollout bed can be provided upon request. There are convenience stores within a 5 mile radius since there isn’t one onsite.

Unfortunately, the bedroom ceiling fan was covered with visible dust and dirt. We also didn’t have stocked toilet paper when we ran out. We had to remind the front desk after returning from dinner which was a little irritating but the night manager was very apologetic and offered a bottle of champagne for the oversight.

I will surely come back once snow comes down to cover the grounds. Garden Cottages offer a a gas fireplace in the living room and one in the bedroom. The jacuzzi is tucked away in the bedroom corner which doesn’t look “cheesy.” We also got a chance to enjoy a wonderful menu breakfast (included in stay) in front of a fireplace in the dining area of the main building.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kbchau
Reviewed December 20, 2017

Glasbern is a very special place, beautifully designed,completely peaceful, with stunning accommodations and just fantastic dining!

We stayed in one of the rustic cottages and loved the room, over sized tub and fireplace. We loved breakfast and the Glasbern chicken we had for dinner.

We heard of Glasbern from friends and can now happily spread the word of this distinctive wonderful hotel.

This is a hotel you MUST visit. We will be back!

JE

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2017

Beautiful grounds, well appointed rooms (especially the ones with a large Jacuzzi tub on a loft). Shame they are converting all the fireplaces to gas - that was one of the best features when I stayed here previously. The restaurant serves delicious food, though a bit pricey for dinner. There was a herd of highland cattle on the grounds last time I stayed (though no more chickens :( ) and they were the cutest things. Highly recommended for a romantic getaway or just a treat for yourself.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed November 24, 2017

Two years ago I found the Glasbern Country Inn. It is en route to family and a seemingly great location to stay along the route. This year I finally had an opportunity to work in a visit during the Thanksgiving weekend. I studied each of the unique rooms and reserved one that I loved...I was very excited. We arrived today and checked in to a room. NOT the room I reserved. I asked why we were not in the room I reserved....I was told "a gas leak". Made no sense. Because each room is unique, I searched out our room by foot. And inside the room I reserved two months ago was a person...In my room! I confronted the front desk....One lie led to another lie, led to excuses, apologies and no resolution. The people have zero respect for people's vacation plans, money! At one point I was asked if I would like them to ask the person in my room to move and I thought they should. When I have gone to any hotel or resort if someone else reserved a room that I have been assigned, I am informed of the next guest's arrival date and instructed that I will be required to move to another room at that time. As for the Glasbern, I am told the person in my room was a routine corporate guest....That is no reason to disrespect my reservation! And likely another lie!

Noteworthy--Glasbern has a seven day cancellation policy...I am required to pay the expensive room rate if I do not show up or cancel within 7 days, BUT Glasbern has no commitment to the reservations the guest had made!

I am outraged at the situation! I looked forward to the visit, and spent time to carefully select my room at expensive rates....Only to be disrespected! And no, the room that replaced my reserved room was a terrible room....Can hear people walking on the floor above our room, smaller and a dark room!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank peg555
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I chose and reserved a specific room 2 months ago. We arrived this afternoon and were told the reserved room was not available due to a “gas leak.” Not so. We walked over to the room we’d reserved and saw it was occupied. When confronted, the front desk said “it is a corporate guest.” I don’t know what this means but I do know that we didn’t get the room we reserved and we were lied to by this front desk. A great disappointment.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple