“Great Pad Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Description: telephone 484-494-0525
Description: telephone 484-494-0525
Reviewed April 25, 2016

This is the best Thai food place in this area. I get take out from here all the time and it is always delicious. They have many good options for a small Thai restaurant. I usually get take-out, but I also like the restaurant. They are BYOB which is great and the service is excellent. I really like their spring rolls and my favorite Pad Thai. I have tried all of their dishes and they definitely do not disappoint.

Reviewed May 19, 2015

Really excited to try a place we hadn't been to before, love Thai food , this was a huge disappointment on all levels.
I had lemongrass chicken, much raved about in reviews...could hardly tell it was chicken, dry, tasteless slivers and no lemongrass flavor. DH had pad Thai, worst ever! Lacked flavor, was just sweet.
Our male server had on WAY too much fragrance for a male or a female...overpowered the table when he was close to it.. The bathroom doors and light- switch plates need a good dose of soft scrub, comet cleanser and/or paint. Only one other single customer for lunch should have been a tip-off. I hate to write such a bad review, but if it saves someone from a bad meal, I'll be happy for them.

Reviewed March 11, 2015 via mobile

My daughter was home from college and we had finished a work out at the Planet Fitness nearby, so we weren't looking for fast food, but "food fast" for lunch. When we arrived, around 12:15 pm, a couple of tables were occupied out of about 20 total, and I figured we got there before the lunch crowd, based on the other reviews.
It stayed pretty quiet in there, and the very polite waiter brought us to a clean table with white linen napkins. He provided water ASAP and the $9 lunch specials menu. There were many options, including choice of meat ( chicken, beef, pork) and the relative "spice heat factor" was marked in asterisks. I ordered the drunken noodles with beef and my daughter ordered the pad thai chicken. We both ordered the coconut soup of the day, and I ordered mine with a side of chicken curry rolls and she ordered the spring roll, side. All was fresh, tasty and crisp.
The pad thai and drunken noodles were excellent and the portions were plentiful. They provide metal chop sticks if your dexterous and a fork if you need one. The waiter kept our water glasses full and visited at regular intervals to see if everything was OK.
He provided containers for our leftovers and asked if there was anything else we'd like to try. I said we would try the stickey rice, and he asked if we wanted the mango type or banana with beans type. We took the banana one, after he said they were out of Tira Misu. The rice was served with double portions so we could both have our own, same price.
In summary, the portions are large enough to cover the $9 price, the quality and service, exceeded the total cost of the visit.
We left stuffed and satisfied after a great gym workout. Highly recommended. (See pics)

Reviewed January 27, 2015

Granted, there are not too many Thai options in the immediate area, but this is probably our favorite restaurant in the county. We eat here probably once per month. The quality of the food is excellent and the presentation is almost artful...very beautifully done, especially for a simple, mid-range place. We've had the softshell grab, braised duck and curries for dinner. All are fantastic. But the lunch special is hands-down the best value. For under $10, you have your choice of about 12 dishes, and with each dish comes a small appetizer (e.g. spring roll, samosa, etc.) and a cup of soup like tom yum, coconut or lemongrass. The tom yum soup is the best I've ever had. The portions are often hard to finish, but you'll be tempted to try because the flavors of the dishes are so good. Just the right mix of spice and citrus, veggies always good perfectly and meat that is juicy and tender. Honestly, for the price, this place is a steal. It's not too big and fairly quiet, so it's a really nice date spot if you're look to share and savor great food and just talk. The guys who run the place are great and very sociable. Far, far better than most anything else you can find around. This place is a gem!

Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice for take out. I had the duck both times because it is just that amazing. The decor seems a little dark and tacky. Both times my order came out fast and was correct.

Been to Viman Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!