“Healthy Breakfast or Lunch”

Pure and Simple Cafe
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Greencastle
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed eating at this local cafe 2 times. The food is not only delicious, but it is healthy food. Most items are organic, and there are many gluten free items. I have had their soup of the day twice, black bean and chicken tortilla, and they taste homemade. The atmosphere is very pleasant and there are lots of windows. The staff is friendly. I definitely will visit again and try one of their gluten free desserts, they look decadent!

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

The title says it all. It is definitely healthy food but that's the only positive. For us it was overpriced. I got two scrambled eggs with toast and coffee. Just the plain eggs & toast were $8.00. Hubby got eggs and buckwheat pancakes which were too heavy and doughy even for him (and he's a big eater). The lady who took our order looked annoyed and bothered by customers. The girl who served our food was very sweet and cheery. The place is very clean.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

I love this place! It has a quaint small cafe atmosphere and a very healthy organic menu to select from. I love the veggie hummus wrap. It's called Pure and Simple for a healthy reason. Great food, great place, with good friend. Can't beat it

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Would have given 5 star rating as food is so good, but one employee has been rather rude several times. Sometimes you have to wait at counter to order as not enough help. Each time the food and drinks have been delicious. Highly recommend their soups! Also the Thai black rice salad. Desserts, Yummy!!! All organic! Love the carrot cake! They have a breakfast menu and many smoothies to choose from on their menu board.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

This is a lovely venue to visit in Greencastle. They turned an old auto repair garage into an organic cafe. Whoever did the conversion did a fabulous job. It's uplifting just to walk in, spacious with a feeling of bigger town quality. Tried to get a latte there and only two options, soy milk or half and half. I opted for the soy as half and half is a little too rich for me, even though I'm on a fairly high fat diet. I had an omelet there two days later and it was quite good, could have used a little more flavor. I would like to try more food here but live in the Midwest. It's definitely a place to try if you're in the area. The quality of the site and food makes it worthwhile.