“Never again!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Although this place is in decent shape, the housekeeping is anything but...after complaining several times about the room not being vacuumed & mopped, the Mgr upgraded us to a suite. Great,except this was not an appropiate solution, especially since the same maid serviced this room. On the first night in the new room my husband moved a chair to find a condom wrapper- NICE! The room supplies were not regularly replaced, coffee machine not cleaned, again no vacuuming or mopping & no clue how to make a bed. I'm going to agree that Choice Hotels would be embarrassed that this location bears their name!

• Stayed: January 2012
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 20 October 2011

My husband and I were left with very few hotel choices for a recent trip to Latrobe when we ended up at the Comfort Inn in Greensburg. We chose the room with the jakuzzi tub in the room...literally in the room, not bathroom. It was interesting to say the least, but we took advantage of the attraction. :o) The room was very clean and the staff we encountered were very nice. I worried about noise from the upstairs folks and next door neightbors, but it wouldn't last long...thankfully. Breakfast was ok, if you eat early, you won't likely have any hot food to chose from other than a self made waffle. The second morning we had to take the food back to our room to eat, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker if we ever chose to return. Red Lobster is located right next door, so it is an easy walk across the parking lot in the evening if you need dinner. We would stay here again if we neede to, but like I said, we do have other places in the area that we enjoy more.

Room Tip: Chose a top floor room away from the elevator if you get a choice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Read the reviews, I also had the aforementioned Blonde Girl. Dressed inappropriately for hotel clerk, poor customer services skills and like the other traveler, held to my reservation despite not having what I wanted, reserved and paid for. BAD NEWS. There are a lot of hotel/motels in the area, try them first. NEVER AGAIN. Pool area not bad, but definetely needs maintenance. Missing tile, just needs attention. Water ice cold. Asked for extra pillows for my wife because she has trouble breathing. Given one and directions to Wal Mart to buy the two others I requested. Choice Brands should really check out their name being used here. NO ONE I have come in contact with here thinks highly of the desk staff tonight.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Booked a room for Labor Day weekend, so hotel was crowded. Room was clean, bathroom clean. Nice TV, with microwave and refrigerator. With the exception of Ian none of the rest of the staff was particularly friendly. Indoor pool was nice, but there were tiles that appeared broken and had fallen in the pool. Fitness room was closed. I was not going to use it anyway, but when another guest ask about it, the girl at the desk just said "it's out of service" no apology or explanation. The breakfast was okay, nothing special, but appeared to be plenty of everything on a busy day. When I checked in, there was $1.50 charge for a safe which I did not want. I was told to have it taken off when checking out. When I requested this be done when checking out, the girl seemed very irritated. It is a small amount, but I wasn't paying it. The location was convenient to restaurants, stores and a nice mall. I would stay again but only if it was a good rate, but would not have high expectations.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank CSCfromPA
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband, son and I stayed here last year when we visited Idlewild Amusement Park.. It was a wonderful place. The customer service was outstanding, smiles all around, very clean. So we knew where to stay this year when we returned to Idlewild, or did we? This year, the staff was civil, at best. No smiles, seemed distracted and bothered by guests. The hotel didn't seem as well kept either. The pool was very murky, there was trash in the stairwells, just not the same upkeep as last year. Not sure what happened, new manager? Or lost the good staff? Too bad, we thought we had found a gem, but turned out to be a dud.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, get a third floor room, we heard the people above us walking around all night.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Nice clean hotel, beautiful rooms, good breakfast. Red Lobster right next door too.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My family (wife, and two kids) stayed at the Greensburg Comfort Inn on August 11th. We were visiting Idlewild, decided to spend two days at the park, and utilized the hotel to cut down on the driving. My youngest son is only 14 months, so we needed a crib. I found out about 14 hours after check in the hotel only has 3 (yes 3) cribs for the entire hotel and one of them was broken. The desk clerk originally told me, "you have two queen beds, so use one of them." She was less than empathetic! I also later found out she did not tell me I could be released from my reservation/financial obligation. While the manager (that was unavailable Thursday night even though in the room it says a manager is able to be reached 24hours per day) wanted to side with her employee, I told her corporate (whom I called shortly after check-in) spoke with the clerk and that option was never told to them either (in which that call was recoreded). To make a long story short, the manager knocked 25.00 off my bill. That did not make up for an essentially sleepless night.
Onto the hotel. It is a Comfort Inn. Bed was ok, pillows were awful. Flat screen tv, table and chairs, and bathroom was ok. Breakfast (free waffles, eggs, and sausauge) wasnt bad. Fitness center was closed. We didnt use the pool. There are several resturants on Route 30 close to the hotel if you need to eat.
Based on the service received from the front desk, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rjkcpktrips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
2.7 km away
Knights Inn Greensburg
#8 of 10 in Greensburg
8.0 km away
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!