“Great value and the most helpful staff!”
Review of Super 8 Greensburg

Super 8 Greensburg
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great value and the most helpful staff!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was nervous about staying here, I needed a hotel for a night before a big interview, but a college student on a budget I didn't want to stay in one of the more expensive hotels, all upwards of $120. The staff was so king, they let me check in at 9:30 AM when I got off the train, offered to get back out breakfast food for me, hold my luggage after check out, and were always kind and courteous. my room was clean: vacuumed, sheets were stain free, and the bathroom had a very faint bleachy smell which I always find reassuring. As a single female I felt perfectly safe. I would recommend it to any family I had visiting should I end up living in this area!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hartford, Vermont
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed in this hotel while we were at a wedding in the area. The staff is very friendly and gave us good advise as to where to eat in the area for our diatary needs. We asked for an extra pillow, it was no problem. They had an iron and ironing board that we could borrow since there are none in the room. We asked that no one go in our room since we were ok with using the same towels 2 days in a row and didn't need our sheets changed either. As best we could tell they didn't come in to do anything. The bed was VERY firm. I could of used a bit more squishyness. Breakfast was ok. 2 kinds of juice and cereal, english muffins and danishes, coffee and milk. Nothing fancy but it was enough to get you started for the day. We'd stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whatsupmarn
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This hotel was OK. The biggest problem we had with them was the fact that they didn't put the roll-away bed in the rooms that we reserved them for. Although they still gave them to us they were not in the room when we got there. The beds were OK and the rooms were pretty clean. The breakfast was pretty pathetic. Also the hotel rooms are overpriced, when we stayed they were 80$ a night for one room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hubb6
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We have been coming to this Super 8 to stay for Steeler Training Camp for 6 years, Its not the Ritz but for a low cost room you can beat it. Very Clean . Nice and courteous staff. The maid actually clean the room in some hotels when have been in lately they just make the bed and give you towels. The offer a nice breakfast of bagels,danish,cereal,oatmeal,juice and coffee.They only complaint i had was the bed was too hard and not placed on the frame well i almost cut open my leg on the metal frame but that's it. We will continued to stay at this hotel when we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lindsey3175
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Save your money! If all hotels are booked in the area and this is the only place to stay, I strongly recommend sleeping in your car. My family and I were booked at Four Points Sheraton next door. Plumbing problems occurred and we were bumped from the hotel. The Four Points offered to give us a free room at the Super 8 for the night because of the inconvenience. During our Check in process at this Super 8 the staff was rude and unhelpful. Upon entering the room we wanted to gage from the smoke smell in our non-smoking room. Plus, the window didn’t lock and it was a first floor room. The Wyndham Hotel Group should pull all franchising rights from the owners of the hotel. After 5 min in the room, we decided to leave and find other hotel accommodations down the street.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Greensburg hotels

billzman
Reviewed 12 October 2010

No room service after 11:00 am if do not disturb sign left on till then.
Internet not working.
Uncomfortable bed.
Thin walls can hear everything.
Breakfast is lame.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank billzman
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We stayed here for one night on our way from California to NYC (which we reached the next day).
This town doesn't offer much....it was just a sleepover-stay for us. There's a bunch of Hotels around. And we checked most of them. The ones with good feedback were just insanely overpriced (150$ up .... before adding the taxes). I mean, it's Greensburg PA...should be cheaper...really.
So we didn't wanna spent that much money and we checked in here...but it took me a while to make up my mind, because honestly, this Super 8 has seen better days. But for one night...well, okay.
Check-In took long. Maybe 15-20 minutes. The older man behind the desk just couldn't do it faster, but I don't blame him. He could have been friendlier though (the other desk guy the next morning was a lot nicer).
The "Lobby" quite reeked of smoked an had other funny odors. For safety reasons (I did NOT feel safe here) we chose an upstairs room. Coming with loads of luggage I didn't realize until we booked the room, that there is no elevator. Well, that was a free work-out for me, carrying the luggage up and down.
The rooms were just clean enough and very very basic. It's just an old place on the way down. Maybe it's run by a family...I don't know. I understand it's hard to survive with an older Motel like this, but still, there HAVE to be improvements made!! The only plus this place gets compared to others is the price. It's just half what others charge in this town.

But still, next time I will spend the 150$ and up and I will stay somwhere else. I didn't have a really good sleep... it just didn't do it for me. And the location could be right from any cheap Horror-Flick.

I will NOT stay here again.

Wanna know more about my trips? Click on my profile or visit:
route66traveler.jimdo.com

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
0.3 km away
5.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
10.3 km away
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Super 8 Greensburg? Share your experiences!