“Friendly, comfortable, but not always quiet”

Inn at Mountainview
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My wife and 2 year old son spend a few nights at this property over Easter. The hotel is very comfortable and the staff is friendly and efficient. During our stay, they hotel was only about 1/3rd occupied, although some nights it sounded like there were 20 people outside our door.

The beds are comfortable -- but as other reviewers have noted there are no chairs in the room aside from the desk chair this is just plain strange for a relatively nice property.

The included breakfast is hot and there was variety over the course of our stay.

Those familiar with the area will note that the hotel is located on Route 30 about midway between Latrobe and Greensburg with good proximity to "the mall" and other decent restaurants.

We'd stay here again, but would be sure to ask that our room be located well away from other guests.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fryfrye

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Great value. Had to come back for an overnight stay and could not stay with family. Surprised about the prices for hotels in the area as I couldn't find anything under $70 that was decent and saw the reviews on motels which were scary. So, I decided to pay a little more for a new hotel with good hot breakfast, which The Inn had to offer. Room was clean, new, and nice. Very nice overall. HVAC in room is manual which was a little disappointing because you were either too hot or cold at times. Staff was friendly and helpful as I had a request or two that they really helped with and saved my bacon. Also, they gave a discount for my organization so all in all, very good experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We recently made a last minute trip to Greensburg, PA and were unable to make prior arrangements for our two dogs. It was a relief to find The Inn at Mountain View accepted pets. Not only do they accept pets, but welcome them. This hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the common area was upscale and clean, the room was spotless (no evidence of previous pet tenants) and the breakfast area was beautiful with a nice array of hot and cold foods. Should we ever visit the area again, we would stay at the Mountain View with or without pets!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lulu8049
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Very helpful staff. Cookies to welcome you. I enjoyed my stay. I will be back.

Room Tip: Bring a sleep mask because bright lights shine into the room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I would give this place good reviews except for one thing, perhaps a small thing to others, but not to us. My husband and I stayed here for 3 days for a family funeral. There was one chair in our room. One of us was expected to sit on the bed to read or use our laptops. I asked at the desk and was told they could give us another folding chair "which wouldn't be very comfortable". I then appropriated a straight chair from the conference room and took it to our room. How ridiculous. There was a floor lamp and an empty corner where there might have been a chair at one time. Our room was not made up on the second day, same towels. I had to ask for toilet paper on the first day, as there was a third of a roll in the bathroom. There were stains on the coverlets which looked like blood, and the coverlets were old. I would not return. Too bad, the place has a nice quiet location and is close to shopping and restaurants. Please put a chair in the room when two people are occupying the room! I asked again about this inconvenience when we checked out and was told that all the rooms have only one chair, but that some people aren't bothered by it. Right, unless you want a place to sit down other than the edge of the bed.

Room Tip: Insist on a corner room and make sure you have two chairs for two travelers.
4  Thank carriejean
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This renovated Inn is near Greensburg- very convenient access to that city but in a more peaceful setting. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. They serve a full, hot breakfast every morning. Rates were reasonable and we had a nice stay.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed here overnight while in town for a family wedding.
room was very clean, staff was friendly! The only thing that keeps me from giving it an excellent is the breakfast is nice, and does offer hot items, they are pretty much tasteless.
for a property this nice a breakfast upgrade would be welcomed. I will stay again, as its value is a good thing!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
4.5 km away
9.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
5.9 km away
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe

Been to Inn at Mountainview? Share your experiences!