“Bad security”

Knights Inn Greensburg
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Around 6:00 pm I heard somebody fumbling with the lock on my door as if they were trying to slide a key in the slot.
I thought nothing of it until the door was unlocked and 3 guys came walking in my room thinking I was in THEIR room. They had the wrong room, but their key worked in my room, mine worked in theirs.
Advised the management; all they said was it was a manufacturers malfunction...they'll get it fixed "in a couple of days".
Imagine if I were a naked woman in the room when that happened?? How do you spell "lawsuit"?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Molister

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Okay, I dont even know how to begin this, but i am from michigan and drove out here with my three kids to visit with my husbend who is working out here in PA. And wow, this place is nasty. we paid 75 dollers a night for 5 nights, $375.00, what a frickin wast. it says a pool, no pool, out of service, it says laundry, no working washerss. after 4 nights of staying here i left the room for a 3 hours so housekeeping could change sheets, vacume, replenish linens, and so on. after 3 hours i returned and they were cleaning my room and the one next to it at the same time, so i left again. when i returned they were finally done with my room. i assumed they put clean sheets on after 4 night of being there, well the next morning i threw the sheets back to check and make sure the kids werent leaving anything and to my shock there was nothing but black dirt and nasties at the food of the the bed. like they shook it all down the foot of the bed and then made the bed. They didnt vacume (and with 3 kids and an oil field worker, the floor needed to be vacumed) the web site says newly revenilated, ummmm yeah, if you call a bad paint job and ugly mirriors renovations, sure. the place was gross and the housekeeping is obviously lazy. i dont suggest you waste your money at place. Unless your going to use the place to sleep and leave. ( EVEN THEN BE SURE TO CHECK THE SHEETS, I WISH I WOULD HAVE THE FIRST NIGHT WE WERE THERE, I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE LEFT!)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank pickeycustomer
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My company booked me into that hotel due to it being very inexpensive. Well, you get what you pay for. So I was the one to suffer in service, what they had saved in costs.
When I arrived at the reception desk late at nigth - the hotel was easy to find, since it's right beside US 30 - , a grumpy old lady welcomed me and gave me my room keys. The hotel is kind of a motel type, where I could park my car right infront of my window. When I entered my room then, I knew why it was that cheap. It smelled like cats and dogs. Almost everything was a bit filthy and I dared to touch anything or walk without my shoes being put on. It was simply disgusting. Since I had jetlag, I managed to fall asleep finally.
The next morning I was so happy that I could leave early. A vending machine with reasonable prices was available, free coffee as well. The coffee was o.k. thought. Checkout went well, another way more polite lady was in charge this time.
My company spent only $65 for that room and the location was good. But the rooms are just a nightmare.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank nospam_MA
Reviewed 15 May 2010

I just read other reviews, wow that wasn't how my experiance went. Would I stay at this hotel again? Absolutely not, yes it was kinda clean, and the location is good, but other than that unless your just there with a hooker I don't suggest staying. It was small, the bed was stiff, the tv was small. It just has nothing good about it besides the low prices and location. By the way don't give them your phone number because even if you tell them not to call, do youself a favor, don't stay here!

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank melmyers88
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Stayed at the Knights Inn only b/c they were the only hotel with vacancies-Now i know why. We figured we would get in late and only be sleeping there, but that was TOO long. The rooms were not clean by any means, and in the morning, we found TWO ticks in one of the beds. Do yourself a favor and stay further from your destination if you have to-it's worth it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Upon checking into our room we noticed that it was filthy and had a ton of pubic hair under the comforter. There were stains on the side of the mattress and burn holes (non-smoking room) on the bed and carpet. The door knob didnt work right and the room smelled like a dirty hamper. I went to the front desk manager and demanded my money back. He told me I couldnt because I was in the room too long (23 minutes from checkin time). However, it was more like only 5 minutes because we spent time unloading the vehicle and then reloading it. Ichecked out and needless to say iot cost me $ 63.71 for less than 1/2 an hour. I immediately called nthe Wyndman HQ (parent company) and was told that each Knights Inn is independently owned and can do whatever they want. WHAT A JOKE. I will NEVER EVER stay at a hotel/motel owned my them ever again!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2008

If your looking for a pet-friendly motel in Greensburg, the Knight's Inn is about your only option. This is a old-style Knight's Inn, with the Tudor architecture and all rooms on one floor. All room access is outside - you drive your car up to the door, which I consider to be a plus. As an older property, it will not appeal to everyone, but is has pluses you won't find at the other hotel/motels.

It's located in South Greensburg on US 119 with easy access in and out of the property. The US 30 interchange is right there, so no matter where you need to go, it's generally not a problem. There is a McDonald's and Burger King within walking distance, plus Hoss's Steak House is a block away.

The motel is right along the Five Star Trail, which is a rail trail that runs from Lynch Field in Greensburg to Youngwood. This is a excellent trail for walking or biking and dogs are welcome (which is one of the reasons I really like the motel).

Despite the older feel to the property, I've never had a problem with the rooms in the 10+ years I've been staying there. My rooms have always had a microwave and refrigerator. And the housekeeping staff is always been very friendly. In 2007, they have added wireless Internet access, so your notebooks are welcome.

Regular from Atlanta GA

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank centauricw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
4.0 km away
3.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg
13.2 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe

Been to Knights Inn Greensburg? Share your experiences!