“Italian Gem”
Review of Savona Restaurant

Savona Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Savona Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Savona has received hundreds of awards and accolades since its opening in 1997. As a result, Savona has become a Philadelphia gem with guests visiting from all over the world. Savona is a ZAGAT- Philadelphia top 3 highest rated Italian restaurant, has 3 bells from the Philadelphia Inquirer-Craig LaBan, a Best of Award from Wine Spectator and has a Best Chef Award, Best Restaurant Award and Best Sommelier Award from publications such as Main Line Magazine as well as Philadelphia Magazine.
Reviewed January 2, 2017

Met for dinner with coworkers. The place has an Old Italian combined with Luxurious vibe. The menu is great and the chef changes it with the seasons. Their wine list is super extensive and they have really good and expensive wines.

The food was delicious! The service was excellent. The chef came to our table to say hello since he knew one of my coworkers.

Reviewed November 22, 2016 via mobile

For several years this has been one of my favorite restaurants. No longer....poor service, barely mediocre food....a dining disappointment in Spades. Will never return.

1  Thank Patti B
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

Came from CT. to enjoy a meal with another couple. Understood they just finished a renovation and the food is great...well...so much for the past. To each his own, but the renovation was depressing, cold and uninviting especially upstairs (bar area was great). Fresh flowers guys at least? Maybe some artwork? The initial waiter was pleasant and we all thought this will be a fun event. Did not see him the rest of the night as they have "many" attending to your table. Scott (if I remember correctly) was the one who took over and I'm sorry to say ZERO personality...not that the waitstaff is required to hold a conversation, but don't drop desert menus on the table saying nothing, we elected to pass, pick them up and walk away. Next appearance, dropped the check and didn't even utter thank you. We have all spent time in the past working in the restaurant business, and after dropping close to $350 for the night, let this review end right here. Savona? Forgetaboutit!

Reviewed November 4, 2016

Eager to try the newly renovated Savona close to our home. A table was booked for 6.30 but the young girl at reception took two phone calls whilst we waited to be shown to our table. We were seated in the glass area which overlooked the road. A table next to us had a very loud occupant who actually interfered with our conversation, the occupants on the table on the other side up and left! We ordered drinks wine and a cocktail, both excellent.My first course deep fried artichokes it was tough and not something I enjoyed, My husband had bucatini which was delicious. His entree of veal chop was tasteless and my red perch was soft and mushy sitting upon green beans which were tough and inedible. We each had a glass of wine again deliciously us. The waiter asked how we enjoyed our food and I said it was just so so and my husband said the same. When the bill came the entrees were not on and we mentioned that but they said they were taken off as we gad not enjoyed them. That was generous of them but I would have preferred a meal I enjoyed. The new space is pleasant but the noise is dreadful. We heard crying children so along with the noisy guest next to us we were not sorry to leave. As we walked through the restaurant it was full!

Reviewed October 24, 2016

Was hoping that after the renovation things would have changed. Not so much. The decor is awful - industrial. Food is OK, service still bad. But prices, well most entrees are around $20. I ordered the special - dover sole. It usually is expensive but this was crazy. When the bill came my entree was $55!!!!!! I should have asked but with the other entree prices I was guessing in the $30s. They should have said something. This is not the first time I have felt ripped off there. I will NOT be going back. You can do better!

1  Thank mkhmiller