“Delightful”

Cafe Fresco Center City
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Fresco Center City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Locust Street
Description: Urban Café By Day. Metropolitan Gourmet By Night. Located in the heart of restaurant row, Café Fresco Center City continues to be an innovative leader in the Harrisburg dining scene since opening its doors in 2005. The Feng-Shui inspired setting offers comfortable and intimate dining spaces and a centralized, open bar that pulses with energy and excitement. From the moment you step inside, you become part of the Café Fresco experience. Join us for an urban, café-style power lunch. Return for the Asian-inspired dinner service masterfully prepared by award-winning Executive Chef Travis Mumma. At any time, our highly-trained, professional staff will strive to accommodate your every need. Our goal is to provide you with a metropolitan retreat nestled in a smaller city that will exceed every expectation - an experience that can only be provided by Café Fresco.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in on a Saturday evening.
I had the beast of duck and my wife a salad and brussel sprouts.
The food was well worth a visit, the duck perfectly done, nice seasoning, a touch of wasabi I tnink.
Nice room, modern styling.

1  Thank 750SilverMaple
Cafe Fresco C, Owner at Cafe Fresco Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review! We will certainly share your comments your meal with our Chef. We hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2018

First time at this restaurant, and it was great! The ambiance is modern and the food on the menu is an Asian-American fusion.

A full bar will good specialty cocktails. I recommend the Tattooed Gentlemen.

They offer a variety of tastes so that you can choose what fits your current mood. The edamame hummus was a good appetizer, and the Brussel sprouts were a very tasty side dish with our main courses.

One member of my party had the Mongolia short rib, which was good. Another had the scallops, and I had the duck. All three were well presented and cooked to perfection.

Located within walking distance of the Pennslyvania Capitol building in downtown Harrisburg, in a very nice and walkable area. Not too far from the bridge to city island and the waterfront walk.

Highly recommend if you are looking for a good restaurant in downtown Harrisburg.

1  Thank manderson3200

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed everything! Both Chef and our Beverage Director take pride in using fresh, locally sourced ingredients in creating flavorful meals and beverages. We will certainly share your commendation with them.

We appreciate your recommendation, and we hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Just had dinner at Cafe Fresco in Harrisburg. If you are looking for a chance to share a multitude of different dishes in a Tapas environment, this is the place for you. Four of us shared nine different small plates and each one of them was unique in flavor and presentation. The service was spot on. The decor was tastefully modern with cozy tables for 2 (we didn't sit at them) in the front. Would clearly go again. Being that this was our first time, I would be curious to see how often they add new small plates to the menu to keep your interest.

1  Thank cxcskier55
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I was in town on business and since it was a nice evening, I decided to take a walk from the hotel and find a place for dinner. After walking a few blocks (and encountering more beggars than in many major cities) down the street from the Hilton I walked back toward the hotel and decided to stop here because the desk clerk had recommended it. I started with dumplings made with duck, had tuna served with asparagus as an entree and dessert which wasn't memorable. The dumplings and tuna were delicious but the kitchen timing was off and my tuna came just as I had just started eating my dumplings and then delivery of dessert took so long I was about to cancel the order because it was late and I wanted to go back to the hotel and bed.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I've eaten at this restaurant many times. Always enjoy their unique menu, great presentation, delicious flavors and great service! Have never had a bad experience there, whether sitting down at a table for a full meal with one of the wait staff, or hanging at the bar for drinks and apps. Always great food and great service!!!

Cafe Fresco C, Owner at Cafe Fresco Center City, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Hi Erin,

Thanks for the great review! I will certainly share your commendations with our entire staff. We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you again soon!

Speaking of Happy Hour, be sure to check out some of our new handcrafted cocktails before summer ends. Tyler, our beverage director, has outdone himself. Only $6, Monday through Friday from 4:30-7pm.