“I dig the pig.”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #44 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Reviewed July 10, 2018

I was hesitant because this was a chain and I love my BBQ, but I was impressed from the moment I entered the building. Staff were quick to say hello and were very willing to answer questions that I had.

Had the pulled pork sandwich (NC style adds cole slaw), mac and cheese. Six different sauces to try and all are available at each table. Offer for you to take as many sauces as you would like for to go orders. Ended up taking BBQ home afterwards!

Sausage with jalapeno and cheese was very good. Normally don't like meats that already have the cheese inside, but I was pleasantly surprised. Mac and cheese was excellent (and I'm picky about it).

Self-serve beverages, pretty standard, including unsweetened and sweet tea which doesn't always happen in PA.

Would go back again for sure!

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

I love trying bbq restaurants and this one was delicious. We were visiting the area from Virginia and needed a clean meal (healthy). I had the smoked half chicken and a baked sweet potato, both were cooked perfectly. I would highly recommend Mission BBQ. I hope to find one in Virginia near Harrisonburg.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I am not a big fan of BBQ,, it is usually dark and hard on the outside and dry on the inside. We went in and I ordered the two meat sampler. Moist brisket and the smoked hot sausage. with it came baked beans and corn bread. My wife had a brisket sandwich and beans. Our order was placed and ready shortly. All in all the lunch was very good. The brisket was done and very tender and the hot sausage was hot and excellent. All of the food was tasty but more needs to be said about food. My brisket consisted of two pieces of brisket, not enough to make a sandwich. The sausage was tasty and well proportioned.
The interior was clean and well kept, the only problem was that the air conditioning was too low. Very cold inside. For the price I paid for my brisket, I expected more and I was disappointed with the order size. Yes, if we are in area again we will stop another time,

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

We liked the Mission BBQ near our home in SW Florida and were hoping this one was just as good in PA. We were really disappointed in the brisket and the ribs, both of which seemed like they were steam cooked rather than BBQed. There was no outer “bark” on the meat, it actually had very little color at all. It was definitely cooked through and tender but without the usual BBQ look or taste. Vastly different than how the meats are served at Mission in FL. Not sure if this is the norm or the f this was just an off day. We did think the cornbread was really good (actually thought that one item was better in PA than in FL).

1  Thank Kevin V
Reviewed May 6, 2018

My family finally stopped in to check this place out. The atmosphere is like an upgraded Roy Rogers. There is one line that feeds to the cashier. You place your order and within minutes it's waiting on the counter. The service is quick and the food is tasty. However, the portions are not consistent with the prices. My wife and I plus two teenagers all got a sandwich and a side with drink. The total was $44 and some change. The sides are small. I got about a handful of fries while my kids got the small cup of mac and cheese. The meat is good. Just wish you got more of it.

1  Thank PDavidMan